• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

I appreciate those who read my articles on comics - I have posted hundreds and hundreds of articles online. I have been doing comic book research for over 20 years and have done thousands and thousands of hours of research. I spend dozens of hours every single week keeping my eye on new hot books, trends and giving this research to everyone for free. Thanks to those who appreciate the info and help contribute. I love promoting comics and documenting the trends.

I appreciate those who read my articles on comics - I have posted hundreds and hundreds of articles online. I have been doing comic book research for over 20 years and have done thousands and thousands of hours of research. I spend dozens of hours every single week keeping my eye on new hot books, trends and giving this research to everyone for free. Thanks to those who appreciate the info and help contribute. I love promoting comics and documenting the trends.

So, share something here (without a promotional link). :foryou:

I appreciate those who read my posts on these message boards - I have posted thousands and thousands of memes on this message board. I have been the target of spam for over 20 years and have spent thousands and thousands of hours deleting every message. I spend dozens of hours every single week keeping my eye on new hot memes and jokes to participate in every Friday thread for free. Thanks to those who appreciate my posts and follow up with a lol . I love promoting humor and documenting unwise posting behavior.

I was very happy to see Fugitoid referenced because it's yet another Turtles comic that gets little light placed upon it, like these:

Grimjack 26

Pre-Teen Dirty Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos 1,

Extremely Silly 1

New Age Comics 1

And don't forget the app in Flaming Carrot. (thumbs u

Usagi #10 too

And Anything Goes #5.

And now for a word from our sponsor

lol

And now for a word from our sponsor

I appreciate those who read my posts on these message boards - I have posted thousands and thousands of memes on this message board. I have been the target of spam for over 20 years and have spent thousands and thousands of hours deleting every message. I spend dozens of hours every single week keeping my eye on new hot memes and jokes to participate in every Friday thread for free. Thanks to those who appreciate my posts and follow up with a lol . I love promoting humor and documenting unwise posting behavior.

:roflmao:

Yeah -- big difference between Gobbledygook 1-2 & the Marvel Age, Image previews, etc.

I really don't understand why people are comparing a Preview newspaper like DC Spotlight with Gobbledygook 1, which is an actual comic book with actual stories and art inside by Eastman and Laird.

The fact that TMNT fans have grabbed onto Gobbledygook 1 due to its full-page ad has no impact on its viability as a real live comic book with stories and art.

No debating that its a comic book with art and stories :screwy:

The debate is why anyone cares about it. The comparison is the ad/preview driving the demand, that's what the two books have in common. For me, the only reason people care about gobbledygook 1 is that TMNT ad. It has had a stigma of the being the first appearance ( it was called this in every single price guide for quite some time ) until the last decade or so. Its been counterfeited because of its value, and its low print run. People want it, because its been in the spotlight for decades for all those reasons.

If you increase the print run to 1,000+ copies its still a $100+ book ,if not more ,because of that ad.

Increase the print run to 1,000+ copies, but remove the ad, it becoms a comic ( no argument there ) that no one cares about.

Sort of like Fugitoid # 1 Nobody cares, even though its an extremely early Eastman & laird book. Why? No turtles, and no scarcity = $1 bin fodder.

The Turtles are in Fugitoid, so is R2D2! The problem is that people just don't know it. Better get back to that dollar bin :baiting:

Fugitoid%2038_zpsby1foi2r.jpg

I have never read the book, Is that a manifestation ( some kind of light show) from fugitoid or did they actually appear?

Still, the fact is, nobody cares, and its Eastman and lairds 7th published book ( printed between tmnt 4 and 5 ).

No they appear on the following page and it's a pretty sick splash that any Turtles Collector would want if they read comics. You say people don't care but maybe that's because people do not know. And that's my point really. Some comics do better than others because they are discussed more by fans or maybe pushed more by those with agendas. I was very happy to see Fugitoid referenced because it's yet another Turtles comic that gets little light placed upon it, like these:

Grimjack 26

Pre-Teen Dirty Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos 1,

Extremely Silly 1

New Age Comics 1

Thanks, I own that splash :). It's on my office wall.

Not a framed pic, but here's the piece from my CAF gallery. I'll see if I can get a pic of the splash on the wall uploaded later today.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=939562

You may have just spawned your own meme.

Here is my latest top 200 chart of the current hottest modern and copper comics

No can do, Bubba. :grin:

This is pretty useful, all things considered.

Here is my latest top 200 chart of the current hottest modern and copper comics

http://hoknescomics.com/topcomics201504early.htm

Should Nowhere Men still be on the list? I sold a VF copy of #1 for $5 at the Calgary Expo on the first day, but I am not certain it has any demand otherwise.

it should not be on the list.

^^