• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

Too funny, thanks for sharing. IMO, that comic, a 9.2 no less, is ruined.

Stan (Stain) butt- tag... :facepalm:

The Horror!!! :o

That sig is brutal

butt hurt if you asked me, but it does make for fewer true high grade copies for the exclusivity of non signed books.

I still love my sigs on the splash non encased and I prefer them to be ones I've gotten personally, or I happen to find flipping through my SA raws.

My TTA 27 has a 1970's Stan Lee sig. I'm sure I have a few kirby sig's too, just have to find em and remember to mark the backer boards so I don't forget again.

My TTA 27 has a 1970's Stan Lee sig. I'm sure I have a few kirby sig's too, just have to find em and remember to mark the backer boards so I don't forget again.

The vintage signatures are awesome. I have a 70s one on my FF1 as well (thumbs u

Is it just me, or is this a pretty strong result for this book? More than once I've seen ungraded pre-hero books sell for much stronger prices than I anticipate that those same books would get in a CGC holder. Maybe this is people gambling that it would come back higher than the assessment by the seller, or maybe someone just wanted this book. It is a tough one to be sure.

Is it just me, or is this a pretty strong result for this book? More than once I've seen ungraded pre-hero books sell for much stronger prices than I anticipate that those same books would get in a CGC holder. Maybe this is people gambling that it would come back higher than the assessment by the seller, or maybe someone just wanted this book. It is a tough one to be sure.

I was the underbidder on that one, and I assumed when I set my snipe that I had placed a knockout bid. lol

I thought the book was around the 4.5 mark, possibly slightly higher. It has to be said, there aren't a lot of them around - it's scarcer than I had imagined. In the end I bought the one that My Comic Shop had (from their site, which is about 10% cheaper) as a consolation.

I have to say that, while relatively brief, the Tales to Astonish pre-heroes are impressive overall. Hard to desribe but almost like they seemed more in tune with themselves. I know, it sounds silly, but still. A HELL of a pre-hero run was TTA.

I have to say that, while relatively brief, the Tales to Astonish pre-heroes are impressive overall. Hard to desribe but almost like they seemed more in tune with themselves. I know, it sounds silly, but still. A HELL of a pre-hero run was TTA.

That was the pre-hero run I started with. :cloud9:

I'm fond of Amazing Adventures ......... first Marvel hero plus there's only 6.....so easy on the wallet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not in high grade they're not! lol

I'll second that emotion!

-bc

It has probably been there a while, but while updating my registry I checked and the slot for the JIM #76 pricing variant is now available for anyone interested in updating their sets. I'll try to get around to checking the census data sometime soon, and in the meantime if someone would like to check it and post here that would be great! lol

It has probably been there a while, but while updating my registry I checked and the slot for the JIM #76 pricing variant is now available for anyone interested in updating their sets. I'll try to get around to checking the census data sometime soon, and in the meantime if someone would like to check it and post here that would be great! lol

Let's see for JIM76 - Pricing Variant Non-SS books:

9.4 = 1

9.2 = 1

9.0 = 1

8.5 = 2

8.0 = 1

7.5 = 2

7.0 = 2

6.5 = 0

6.0 = 0

5.5 = 3

5.0 = 2

4.5 = 0

4.0 = 0

3.5 = 1

3.0 = 1

that's it for Universal, there's only 1 SS @ 3.0

Total Graded Universal = 17

Total Graded SS = 1

Total Graded = 18

For the NON-Variant, there's only 13 Universal & 1 Qualified for a total graded count of 14.

Variant is +4 right now.

-bc