• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I actually finally got around to getting my Matthew Sutton sketch covers framed and on my East of West Wall.. So here's an update, next up will be my Image Expo Poster (Thanks Felix!), which will probably mean I'm gonna have to rearrange some stuff.

dS1rrQF.jpg

Edited by Stark Resilient

Ladysbil (eBay store) keeps on listing their #1 RRP NM+ raw. They usually sold for US$120 with a couple fliers closer to $200.

As for #1 regular cover, it's selling for ~$9. With that too, the numbers are a bit inconsistent.

As for #1 CGC 9.8, Viking is correct. Just south of $50.

Ladysbil (eBay store) keeps on listing their #1 RRP NM+ raw. They usually sold for US$120 with a couple fliers closer to $200.

As for #1 regular cover, it's selling for ~$9. With that too, the numbers are a bit inconsistent.

They must have owned half the run of the RRP book. I've seen them list them every week for as long as I can remember and 9 since 2/20/15. I tried to buy the 1st one but I quit bidding after that because they used the same pic over and over. I don't mind when people use a stock photo on a cheap book or series but I certainly would want a current picture on anything $100 on up. 2c

They must have owned half the run of the RRP book. I've seen them list them every week for as long as I can remember and 9 since 2/20/15. I tried to buy the 1st one but I quit bidding after that because they used the same pic over and over. I don't mind when people use a stock photo on a cheap book or series but I certainly would want a current picture on anything $100 on up. 2c

+1

Yeppers.

Hey, I noticed the same thing. I won't buy it either.

+1

Yeppers.

I bought one from them before realizing this. Wasn't the one pictured - it had some corner damage and a color-breaking crease on the spine. After noticing this, I contacted them and raised the issue; they denied it, but said I could return the book, but that they would be unable to replace it b/c I had waited a few days to contact them ("if I had know earlier that you were not happy with the book, I would have been able to replace it."). I returned the book for a refund. They have sold at least three more copies since mine was returned. I was unimpressed.

+1

Yeppers.

I bought one from them before realizing this. Wasn't the one pictured - it had some corner damage and a color-breaking crease on the spine. After noticing this, I contacted them and raised the issue; they denied it, but said I could return the book, but that they would be unable to replace it b/c I had waited a few days to contact them ("if I had know earlier that you were not happy with the book, I would have been able to replace it."). I returned the book for a refund. They have sold at least three more copies since mine was returned. I was unimpressed.

Yikes.

At least you got the refund without a fight though.

I bought [a Saga RRP #1 from Ladisybil] before realizing this. Wasn't the one pictured - it had some corner damage and a color-breaking crease on the spine. After noticing this, I contacted them and raised the issue; they denied it, but said I could return the book, but that they would be unable to replace it b/c I had waited a few days to contact them ("if I had know earlier that you were not happy with the book, I would have been able to replace it."). I returned the book for a refund. They have sold at least three more copies since mine was returned. I was unimpressed.

That is a kick to the balls considering they have multiple other "NM+" copies in hand!

Edited by revivedrevival

Can we get a Phantom variant East of West #25 ? That is supposedly the halfway point and I think a Death vs Ranger cover would be outstanding !

I personally love homage covers and I'm trying to think of some good ones for this book. How about an ASM #375 Spidey vs Venom foil homage. If someone convinces Larry to do it, put me down for 25 copies. :cloud9:

What would you guys use ?

Edited by The Authority