• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I believe that Marvel has the Tv rights to Spidey and Spidey characters , Sony just has the movie rights. Could be wrong.

Here is a currrent article about the new Sony Marvel deal and it states Marvel always had the Tv rights.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

Sony needed to breathe life into its “Spider-Man” franchise; by lending its character to Marvel, it has a way to generate more exposure for its bigscreen hero. Doing so also creates some serious goodwill among Spider-Man fans, who have wanted to see the character become part of the Avengers.

Marvel now gets access to one of the comicbook company’s most popular characters — it already controlled the rights for TV, merchandise and other platforms, but the holy grail for Disney has lately been film, where it has been able to launch franchises that impact the bottom line of all of its various divisions.

Did not know that, but makes complete sense due to the animates series on Disney.

If you want to see even more of how these are all broken out - including the merchandising and TV rights (live and animated) of Spidey...

Marvel film & TV rights shell game - who owns what?

:baiting:

:foryou:

One other that I noticed is that the office across the hall from them is Atlas Investments and was using a variation of the Atlas Comics logo on the door.

I noticed that at 38:39 of episode #5. Nice little nod to the past...

Five episodes in, really liking this show!

I thought the 5th episode was a little too slow with too much talking and an unrealistic wait between anything happening.

I didn't see it mentioned but at the 30 minute mark (reverse Netflix time) in Episode 7, just after you

see the saw blades there is a yellow poster of a Gladiator advertisement on Potter's wall.

Also, in an earlier episode when Fisk's suit is cut open, the protective costume under his suit looked to have been a mix of blue and yellow woven material (sort of resembling carbon fiber) that seemed to have a similar color scheme as Gladiator's costume.

So far the only complaints I have about this show are some of the moments where there is too much talking or wasted time going while it seems the world is crashing down around them (Daredevil and the Russian mob leader, Foggy and Karen during Karen's mugging, etc - really folks? Danger is imminent and you don't just keep moving? You argue?). It's part of the over-acting I was talking about.

Other than that, I really like the episodes so far. I'm up to the middle of #8.

I didn't see it mentioned but at the 30 minute mark (reverse Netflix time) in Episode 7, just after you

see the saw blades there is a yellow poster of a Gladiator advertisement on Potter's wall.

Also, in an earlier episode when Fisk's suit is cut open, the protective costume under his suit looked to have been a mix of blue and yellow woven material (sort of resembling carbon fiber) that seemed to have a similar color scheme as Gladiator's costume.

So far the only complaints I have about this show are some of the moments where there is too much talking or wasted time going while it seems the world is crashing down around them (Daredevil and the Russian mob leader, Foggy and Karen during Karen's mugging, etc - really folks? Danger is imminent and you don't just keep moving? You argue?). It's part of the over-acting I was talking about.

Other than that, I really like the episodes so far. I'm up to the middle of #8.

Oh come on.... that's "Monologuing". That's a pure form of the comic art genre. How do you think Spiderman has time to defeat all of his villains?

I particularly enjoyed the quieter moments, even if there was a lot of talking at moments you wouldn't expect. The amount of non-action kinda made the action a lot more pronounced & brutal when it happened.

I understand what it is, it just didn't seem very well placed, especially when Foggy had just knocked down the thugs and they were both still vulnerable.

I agree that it's just a small nitpick but it caught me as unusual.

I watched the last episode again last night.

The scene in which Fisk is freed from the transport as he is telling the story of the traveler is just so great. It feels like that is the exact moment Wilson Fisk transforms into "Kingpin." The dramatic music playing is just :cool:

I watched the last episode again last night.

The scene in which Fisk is freed from the transport as he is telling the story of the traveler is just so great. It feels like that is the exact moment Wilson Fisk transforms into "Kingpin." The dramatic music playing is just :cool:

Yes!

It was just a great way to show the metamorphosis from "crime boss" into "Kingpin" & show that not only was this show Daredevil Year 1, it was also Kingpin Year 1

Anyone see.....

....the stilts for stiltman in the background? Sorry if this has been said. I still haven't finished the whole series. I just finished episode 3, I just know about the stilts from a friend. But damn what a good show all in all.

Was it in episode #3? I missed it. Which part?