• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,762 posts in this topic

Love me some Adventures. :applause:

Bill, did you mean to load Adventure pics at the top of the page instead of All American?

Nope. Got in late from a day business trip to Houston, was tired and loaded everything recent, so the AA's got in there by mistake.

:sorry:

I've removed them now

Edited by ciorac

Ah just curious, I was wondering if you had Adventure 41-45 (a favorite mini-run of mine) between the 40 and 47.

So cool to see these Adventures get some well-deserved love... :cloud9:

I've seen restored and/or low grade copies of Adventure 47 over the years, but never the right copy to slide into my collection - it seems to be a tough book to find in grade.

Until now... this copy is just perfect for me (condition, presentation, and page quality). Thanks Bill!

Very happy to have it, Adventure is certainly one of my very favorite Golden Age titles.

37fa4838-b059-4173-8b1f-198fca14dcb6_zpsy5beve57.jpg

I've seen restored and/or low grade copies of Adventure 47 over the years, but never the right copy to slide into my collection - it seems to be a tough book to find in grade.

Until now... this copy is just perfect for me (condition, presentation, and page quality). Thanks Bill!

Very happy to have it, Adventure is certainly one of my very favorite Golden Age titles.

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

Really nice, Steve. Gorgeous book. :applause:

That one caught my eye too, nice snag!

These Adventures just blow me away. I love the Sandman and Hourman just a tad behind the Spectre. I have never been fortunate to land any of these early issues in the #40's so I am living through you on them.

I've got one to add since this thread has started up again. Some thing I have wanted for over 20 years. Being a surfer, I had to have one. I only really wanted it for the cover and didn't care about the contents much. Not that you see it for sale very often but it is pretty high dollar if I were to find one. When Catrick found all those very early comic parts he was kind enough to sell me this nice front and back cover. It ain't a Cap #1 cover but I'm stoked!

comnewadventure18_zps4dxwfwoh.jpg

These Adventures just blow me away.

Me too - they're DC, we get multiple Flessel covers, and they have a presentation/feel that epitomize the Golden Age flair. I love 'em!

I love the Sandman and Hourman just a tad behind the Spectre.

Sandman and the Spectre are indeed awesome, though I keep reading that they (and their titles) are on life support (in regards to popularity). Perhaps there is some truth to that as this thread has been silent for 10 months; I had to use the Search function to find it.

Shame, such great books...

These Adventures just blow me away.

Me too - they're DC, we get multiple Flessel covers, and they have a presentation/feel that epitomize the Golden Age flair. I love 'em!

I love the Sandman and Hourman just a tad behind the Spectre.

Sandman and the Spectre are indeed awesome, though I keep reading that they (and their titles) are on life support (in regards to popularity). Perhaps there is some truth to that as this thread has been silent for 10 months; I had to use the Search function to find it.

Shame, such great books...

Steve, thanks once again for reviving this great thread and for sharing your awesome Adventure 47! EJR

You are very welcome Steve. I'm glad it ended up in your collection :)

You are very welcome Steve. I'm glad it ended up in your collection :)

Congratulations!!! :applause:

Speaking of Adventures, I don't think I ever posted this one.

It was, unbelievably, a fairly cheap raw eBay purchase. It's unrestored, has incredible cover whites, and I was happy to open it up and discover a Vin Sullivan auto on the first page!

Edit: I just opened it up again, and Flessel signed it on the inside cover as well! Never noticed it until now. How cool!

adv%2029_zpszpz7nzwo.jpg

Edited by october