• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Just picked up a BB 28 5.0 for $5500...Guess I just raised the current going price :D

Major congrats. I think I saw that one on ebay, courtesy of Joey D. if I'm not mistaken. :banana:

-J.

Yeah, I wanted the 5.5 but I didn't want the cream pages and the 6.0 was getting out of my price range but was tempting. I settled on the 5.0 with OW from Joey instead. Looks good next to my AF 15.

Wait you care about page quality :o :O :o

Just picked up a BB 28 5.0 for $5500...Guess I just raised the current going price :D

Major congrats. I think I saw that one on ebay, courtesy of Joey D. if I'm not mistaken. :banana:

-J.

Yeah, I wanted the 5.5 but I didn't want the cream pages and the 6.0 was getting out of my price range but was tempting. I settled on the 5.0 with OW from Joey instead. Looks good next to my AF 15.

Yeah I do, Can't remember how many times I've heard "oh, it has cream pages, I'll pass" when I'm trying to sell something over the years.

-J.

Yeah I do, Can't remember how many times I've heard "oh, it has cream pages, I'll pass" when I'm trying to sell something over the years.

:gossip: That's when you move on to the next person in the infinite pool of potential buyers of big keys.

-J.

Thanks. Hopefully that lifts my 4.5 to $5K then. lol

And my 3.5 to..... hm

$4000..............for now..................

And my 3.5 to..... hm

:o

And my 3.5 to..... hm

:o

Why not? lol

Great pick up Kevin, that book is a stunner. And worth a resub, if you ever decide to give a shot. Wish I knew it was you :)

lol @ comicmylars......

I love me some BB28!!! I sold my cgc 8.0 as well, but picked up a 7.5 as a consolation prize.....

Joey

Great pick up Kevin, that book is a stunner. And worth a resub, if you ever decide to give a shot.

Joey

Nah, the way CGC over charges for grading silver age books now, it's not worth it, easier to just buy it graded. Not spending 3% of FMV to have it regraded and risk having it come back the same grade or lower.

-J.

I guess it entirely depends on the comic itself. We all know that different graders attribute different PQ at times.

Furthermore, alot of these DC Silver age and older keys are in that CREAM or CREAM to OFFWHITE category. Doesn't make them any less desireable for me simply based on the scarcity of higher grades. I may not want a CGC 1.0 cream, but I'd be crazy not to grab a 7.0 + in any PQ.

Heck, I've been looking for copies of Police Comics #1 (yes, I know it's not a DC key) and if you've been doing so as well, you know that finding one in any condition (restored, incomplete, qualified, etc.) is fairly difficult. I've only come across one in the last 3 years an it was a restored raw in the 3.0 range.

Sometimes you just gotta get while the getting is good.

Sometimes you just gotta get while the getting is good.

Completely agree, that's why my Showcase #4 is only 1.5!

I had the same thing with my Batman #121 7.0, I think the page quality is only Cream but its a book that doesn't come up often so had to grab it when I saw it!

lol People should relax and just enjoy owning these rare and awesome treasures. Unless your book was graded yesterday or you crack it from the slab to see for yourself, you have no way of knowing whether or not that "PQ" on the label is even still indicative of the book inside. (thumbs u

-J.