• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

My 2nd copy. What do you think of the grade?

7818b758-edcc-441d-8ba7-b66b1d642c91.jpg

Now those colors pop!! Very attractive! Centering is kinda kiltered to lower left a bit...But man...no Marvel chipping. I'm jealous. Wanna trade lol

hm Let me get a few drinks in me and we'll see :insane:

And of course, the best copy I've owned.. Just perfect in every way including centering. I don't think I've seen a brighter AF 15 in person. Oh and white pages to boot which is quite rare

AF15CGC85.jpg

:o

Now thats what I'm talking about! Wait owned you don't got it anymore darkknight

Nope, no more. Comparing my lower graded copy to my former 8.5, even my lower graded copy has just a hint of yellowing and not as pure white and grey as the 8.5 one.

The book is very nice and the chipping on this one doesn't bother me. I think this might be considered pre-marvel chipping. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes, it is pre-marvel chipping. Very common for this book and does not affect the grade at all. I think you have a shot at a 4.0 here. Just that CGC is very strict on staining so I wouldn't be surprised if it graded out as a 3.5.

When did the Marvel chipping first come about? I have actually seen a few DC's that had this defect from printing.

And of course, the best copy I've owned.. Just perfect in every way including centering. I don't think I've seen a brighter AF 15 in person. Oh and white pages to boot which is quite rare

AF15CGC85.jpg

Incredible book, can't say I've ever seen a copy with that bad a case of bleed through though. :o

Decided to pull (very carefully) from bag...piece still hangin' on there...

Centering is pretty good top to bottom but is off to left a wee bit. Spine has a slight hint of a roll.

Back cover has a water stain upper left and pages stick out a bit. A shame the defects because the colors are so vibrant and shiny and not a lot of soiling as many of these seem to have. Also I haven't seen much Marvel chipping where pieces are not missing. (only reason I bought the book). Can't stand the chipping and of course it is a scarce and highly coveted issue in any grade. It's decent and okay for a low grader.

Supposedly from a one owner original collection along with some other Marvels the guy got in his store a couple years back. Book hadn't seen light of day since the 70's from what I understood.

I'll post pics at the "Spare a grade" forum and get opinions on where it stands. I still believe a 3.5 at best. Perhaps not.

AF15%20front.jpg

AF15%20back.jpg

Gorgeous book Keith.

Nice clean gray. Af15s pics need to be taken during daylight. Pics under yellowish light discolor the gray background

Someone is going to have a great comic to add to this club.

Coming up in the May CL Auction (not mine) -

RADC72712015216_10222.jpg

Yeah, had a debate a few pages on if it would be over or under $65k

Book looks great, but the colors are ok. Has that yellowish tint to it which I am not a fan of. If I were to buy a high graded copy, the colors better be bold and vibrant

The transfer stains on the front cover of an AF15 are not pretty. And it's super difficult to find one with unscuffed clean grays and whites.

I think it's not that difficult to find one with clean grays and whites. I have seen a handful at around this grade that sold in the past. The copy that seadevils has is pretty much the color strike that I would buy. Just being nit picky.

Let me rephrase that. High grade with clean, unscuffed (with no streaking) grays and whites.

I have seeen SeaDevils book in person at the dealer he purchased it from. Nice book!

We live within 30 miles.

Go Arkansas! (thumbs u

Now thats what I'm talking about! Wait owned you don't got it anymore darkknight

Nope, no more. Comparing my lower graded copy to my former 8.5, even my lower graded copy has just a hint of yellowing and not as pure white and grey as the 8.5 one.

dang that stinks, I rem what you had to give up to give up to get that book. Hope whatever you sold it for was worth it from a personal collecting standpoint - you've had some incredible books in your collection.

dang that stinks, I rem what you had to give up to give up to get that book. Hope whatever you sold it for was worth it from a personal collecting standpoint - you've had some incredible books in your collection.

Thanks Teddie! I certainly did make up for it (thumbs u

AF15CGC85.jpg

Incredible book, can't say I've ever seen a copy with that bad a case of bleed through though. :o

Amazing!!! (worship):o