• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,295 posts in this topic

This is a great display, but won't the books become faded?
Added a little bit to the wall. 2 new shelves & a piece of Nextwave OA that I picked up from a fellow boardie. I think this wall is sufficiently packed at this point.

IMG_1201_zpswdk03kqn.jpg

Over a few years, yeah. But that's if I don't change it up. The room has only 2 windows & when I'm not trying to take a picture, the curtains are pulled shut & the door is closed & the light is off. I'm in there for maybe 20-30 minutes a week at most. The other 167.5 hours per week it's in total darkness. It's no more light exposure in a year than wall books would get at a convention in 1 weekend.

Just a start, got my display shelf up with some toys and original art portfolio

View as you walk in my comic room.

image.jpg1_zpsakpbgiqi.jpg

Closer look at my display, bottom shelf will hold some hardcover books soon.

image.jpg2_zpsjglshd2n.jpg

Still lots to do. Did pick paint colors though (grey with a scarlet focus wall, and white trim) should paint in a few weeks

Thanks, I have both, the OA display portfolio and framed art (not up yet). The portfolio lets me easily change what's out in view. I tend to change the page every time I go into my room. On single page art, I display the published page opposite the original.

Not exactly a room, but scored a small display case at Ikea today. Still messing with how to fill it, but think this could be the start of something good.

Cool start, and post a finished picture when done (thumbs u

Ikea all the way - I use some of their bookshelves we freed up when we moved, and some of those library display stands for my favourite books, just my small shared corner of the room...

CB6186B2-2928-45F6-8E35-46E6A80164C5_zpsl1lajvxc.jpg

68968AA0-F074-43A7-99F7-46009DFFF5DA_zpslck85e4i.jpg

5474A7D1-9DFD-438E-ADF7-1A1CF95FCD3C_zpsrlkbn6bz.jpg

and trying to sort out my new arrivals...

D44CFD6D-659A-41EA-AE4C-5D4C8D4F6E7A_zpssiepb6ly.jpg

P.

Not exactly a room, but scored a small display case at Ikea today. Still messing with how to fill it, but think this could be the start of something good.

So cool! For some reason I love the simplicity of this + stacked comics always look awesome.

So cool! For some reason I love the simplicity of this + stacked comics always look awesome.

Thanks! I'm still working on it. But the challenge is certainly keeping it simple. I have so many books I'd like to showcase and keeping it to this one piece of furniture is a real challenge! Will post updated pics when I get it to where I like it.

Ikea all the way - I use some of their bookshelves we freed up when we moved, and some of those library display stands for my favourite books, just my small shared corner of the room...

P.

Very cool space :applause:

what are you using to stand the slabs?

P.

Looks great bud (thumbs u