• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,042 posts in this topic

OK, if we're doing Thrilling Mysteries...

I think I posted this one a while back, but it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle:

ThrillingMystery0939.jpg

The lady in red love the cover and title.

Was finally looking through the issue, when I noticed it included the story "Heritage of Osiris" by Fred Engelhardt. My question, if anybody has familiarity with pulp pseudonyms: is this actually a L. Ron Hubbard story? He's the only person I know who used the name, but that doesn't always mean much.

since it's right in the time frame Elron used the Fred Engelhardt pseudo half a dozen times, and no else else is listed for that name, seems safe bet story is his.

img263.jpg

Thank you. I'm not a particular fan of his, but he was not a bad writer of SF and it's always fun to discover something undocumented like that.

Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Weird Tales Club? Even though pulps were aimed a adult or older readers many couldn't resist the urge to have their own clubs. There are more than you would think. (Look inside people!).

This was Weird Tales' only entry into the forray. No badge or button (too bad), just this bad *spoon* membership card. Probably didn't get a lot of members because I only know of 3 and I look for this stuff..

weirdtalescrd1_zpshl2fjtyp.jpg

Thought I'd revive this thread a bit.

Some recent acquisitions, set's I've completed and upgrades.

I owned the Doc Savage Medallion and original Application Form before I sold it to Matt.

The Medallion and Application Form came out of the estate of someone that worked at Street and Smith.

The Application Form (which features a great image of Doc) is stunning, like new, and unbelievably rare (only complete example known).

The Medallion is simply...Mint.

Having them both is a centerpiece of any collection!

Dwight

Here's a scarce item. 1930's Doc Savage Rubber stamp. Street and Smith Pulp premium.

docsavagerubberstamp_zpsdzm6tl6i.jpg

The Doc Savage Stamper is awesome and extremely rare. I have one in my collection, and along with yours, know of only 2 others.

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Here is another extremely rare Doc Savage item.

The Doc Savage Cystex cardboard window sign is from 1934, and as well as the stamper, only a handful are known to exist.

It directly promoted the Doc Savage Radio Show (which was sponsored by Cystex), as well as promoting the Doc Savage pulps.

001_big_zpsmrofhovt.jpg

Dwight

Here is another extremely rare Doc Savage item.

Amazing item.

Do you have any pre-pulp Street and Smith promos or merch, or (from the pulp era) anything related to Fame and Fortune, Wild West Weekly, Wide Awake Magazine, or Tip Top Semi? hm

Hey has anyone else seen this one before? Pretty cool, eh?

Just kidding. Nothing like being 25 years late to a party. Gotta hand it to you pulp guys. PQ, overhang, rippling, age. Challenge +100000 to find nice books. Dedication.

OutofThisWorldfc100_zpsbqwsmjct.jpg