• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

Thank you. After posting my comment I looked it up on eBay and Jesus they go for a lot. He also has the other rare deadpool where he is throwing up the Duece. I believe he wants $600 for it. He wants to trade for my eosp#2 variant , legion of super hero supergirl #23 Adam Hughes variant and my low grade ff 45 and 46. The way the j Scott Campbell variants are going I would be dumb not to. Thank you again for the all the information.

The person who outbid jump_ace only has 2 stars as feedback and bid on this item? I think it was shilled but if we see it relisted by the same seller sometime soon, we'll know for sure.

K.

Well I thought about bidding $3,200 but I don't want to pay more than $3,000 for a Uni. I'll just keep my dough and play another day (thumbs u Maybe another one will appear now that two have appeared, kind of like the ASM 678s that have been coming out of the wood work lately.

Oh, and the wife is happy :eyeroll:lol

I hate to ask a n00b question, but what is shilling? From what I'm gathering, is that the seller using a second account to outbid me because the price was too low? (shrug)

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

It looks like it was shilled.

K.

It's a low feedback bidder but what sense would there be in shilling an auction with less than 5 seconds left, and for only $50 more? I think he was just sniped.

-J.

Outbid by $50 is only because jump_ace put in a max bid of $3K. If he put more in, it would've gone higher.

K.

K.

It's a low feedback bidder but what sense would there be in shilling an auction with less than 5 seconds left, and for only $50 more? I think he was just sniped.

-J.

Outbid by $50 is only because jump_ace put in a max bid of $3K. If he put more in, it would've gone higher.

K.

Actually, no Jump Ace put his bid in first and was the top bidder at $3k. He was sniped in the last couple seconds by that next $50 bid.

-J.

K.

-J.

K.

Actually, no Jump Ace put his bid in first and was the top bidder at $3k. He was sniped in the last couple seconds by that next $50 bid.

-J.

I know. But if jump_ace puts in a bid for $3200 and it starts at $3K, it will only show $3K as the going price. If someone bids another $50, they'll get outbid automatically because jump_ace has a max bid of $3200 and the auction will then be at $3100.

The idea behind shilling is to drive up the price and to get the maximum bid of the highest bidder. In this case, jump_ace only bid $3K so there was no room to drive the price up.

K.

Ah okay, I see. Thanks for clarifying that. I figured it was 50/50 whether I'd get it for the bottom bid, it got away and I'm cool with that. Not the first time I got sniped (though it's been over 10 years) and won't be the last. After the number of times I've sniped someone, I call it karma lol

Jerome

K.

-J.

K.

-J.

I know. But if jump_ace puts in a bid for $3200 and it starts at $3K, it will only show $3K as the going price. If someone bids another $50, they'll get outbid automatically because jump_ace has a max bid of $3200 and the auction will then be at $3100.

The idea behind shilling is to drive up the price and to get the maximum bid of the highest bidder. In this case, jump_ace only bid $3K so there was no room to drive the price up.

K.

That seller would have to have very greedy and steely cajones to try something like that, given that he already started his minimum opening bid right at GPA (which he is obviously familiar with). If the book re-lists we will know fur sure what happened, but as of now it's equally as likely Jump Ace was sniped by another of the 40 or so watchers.

-J.