• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

Anyone happen across this defect with your Vanguard Illustrated 2's?

Missing Pages 5-8.

th_comic_collection%20008_zpsxpyyawsg.jpg

Two Page 11's.

th_comic_collection%20010_zpsxgqemmfp.jpg

Two Page 21's.

th_comic_collection%20012_zpsqvzpfem1.jpg

Two Page 23's.

th_comic_collection%20013_zpsamwzmv4k.jpg

Missing Pages 25-28.

th_comic_collection%20014_zpskkknxltd.jpg

:ohnoez:

I just checked all 9 of my raw copies and they're all like they should be. Sounds like you have an error copy due to a press misfeed. (thumbs u

I just checked all 9 of my raw copies and they're all like they should be. Sounds like you have an error copy due to a press misfeed. (thumbs u

Thanks Mike!

:whee:

It was a random chance situation, as I pulled one of my copies to see what the story was like inside.

Stopped at a local watering hole this afternoon and found the following (it's a drink coaster/beer mat).

DS%20Coaster_zpsiywqx3rn.jpg

Doubt that the Stevens or Page estates have seen any payment.

I just know it's driving Dave Stevens completists nuts though :baiting:

So I guess my work here is done lol

Stopped at a local watering hole this afternoon and found the following (it's a drink coaster/beer mat).

DS%20Coaster_zpsiywqx3rn.jpg

Doubt that the Stevens or Page estates have seen any payment.

I just know it's driving Dave Stevens completists nuts though :baiting:

So I guess my work here is done lol

The amount of bootleg stuff is amazing. :ohnoez:

Just wondering, do you display your more risque Dave stuff? Or, do you have it someplace the general public can't see it?

I have all of my nude Dave Stevens covers prominently displayed in our front hallway. I just like to see the old ladies have heart attacks when they walk in the front door. :devil:

:jokealert::grin:

I received this copy in the mail today.

It is not the signed and numbered version but it will do for now.

Mycomicshop.com states that the regular edition was limited to 1500 copies. The signed/numbered edition has a limited run of 1000 copies.

The inside front cover of this copy has a place for a signature and number out of a 1000 but as mentioned is not signed nor numbered.

Can anyone verify if the UNsigned and UNnumbered version should have this or did all copies (signed & unsigned) have the same information printed on the interior front page? The other 3 volumes have the same information for regular versus signed editions (blanks for signature and number). This is probably the same situation but I would like to be sure.

I guess I am trying to verify if I have a regular edition or an example of the signed edition that was never signed (backstock?).

1_zpskdxbgsqm.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by chevalmeow