• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 252 Club 1st Kara Zor-El
2 2

174 posts in this topic

Think hard on whether to resub. CGC is grading rather strict at the moment.

That and this book looks to have heavy tanning, and if it does you would be taking a risk of the book coming back with brittle pages. A scan of the back cover would be helpful.

The book actually just got back from CGC so it may have already been graded under the current strict standards, I have put together a picture of the spots on the book that could benefit from a press, Opinions are more than welcome... Also I don't think the tanning is that bad on this one.

Link is to the Flickr page if anyone wants a closer look at the book

Try not to get too caught up in my insane Microsoft paint skills!

17270647081_da8059a38a_z.jpg

17270637351_2861f5cb5d_z.jpg

You have a good scan of it before it was slabbed? My 2c is not to mess with it unless you are going to sell.

People might cringe at the thought, but this book may end up being one of the top 5 SA DC's based on the character's popularity. It was always overlooked before.

On a different note, hard to believe it took all the way to 258 for her to get a second cover appearance:

act258.jpg

You have a good scan of it before it was slabbed? My 2c is not to mess with it unless you are going to sell.

People might cringe at the thought, but this book may end up being one of the top 5 SA DC's based on the character's popularity. It was always overlooked before.

On a different note, hard to believe it took all the way to 258 for her to get a second cover appearance:

act258.jpg

...nice....I always liked the Supergirl covers........ Action 262 may be my favorite. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

act258.jpg

...nice....I always liked the Supergirl covers........ Action 262 may be my favorite. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree about how overlooked this book is. Second Supergirl cover (kind of a Action 252 cover in reverse. I mean, Supes is throwing her BACK into space, only 6 issues after showing up in a rocketship.) But more importantly, the OTHER big thing about this issue is Supergirl learns that Clark Kent is Superman's alter-ego. It turns out the whole "exile to another world" bit is Superman's "test" to see if he can trust her with his identity, and she reveals she already knows.

From the preview for Comiclink's summer auction...

RAD2893E2015611_13288.jpg

How much do you think this copy will fetch, Jeff? I'm thinking 18-20 grand!

Certainly possible. Should be fun to watch. (thumbs u

Bob Storm sold one (CGC 8.5) last year for 13.5K. Now looking back, that may have been a bargain.

The census has grown a lot from 8.5-9.2 post TV show announcement and it doesn't seem to be dragging down the prices at all.

Edited by passion4comics