• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Universal did Mark Millar's Kick-As$... a Rated R comic book movie. Just thought I'd point that out.

I assume Kirkman would have enough of a say in the creation of the movie to make sure they didn't "Spawn" it up.

Ah-haaaaaaaaaaa. hm

Universal did Mark Millar's Kick-As$... a Rated R comic book movie. Just thought I'd point that out.

I assume Kirkman would have enough of a say in the creation of the movie to make sure they didn't "Spawn" it up.

That movie had a $30 million budget - that would be shoestring for Invincible, but maybe you could get the origin done with that, I don't know.

Most of what I've written had assumed at least something along the lines of Iron Man (1) - a $140M budget. Basically, a blockbuster summer movie, not a small budget flick.

Most of what I've written had assumed at least something along the lines of Iron Man (1) - a $140M budget.

badass, you wrote an invincible film? i wrote scripts for 2 of 3 invincible films awhile back. the first could've been done for under $100m, i would think. i made it 3/4 the way through the second -script, then started on my own thing. have been doing that since. i had a letter in issue #98 published where i mentioned it.

Most of what I've written had assumed at least something along the lines of Iron Man (1) - a $140M budget.

badass, you wrote an invincible film? i wrote scripts for 2 of 3 invincible films awhile back. the first could've been done for under $100m, i would think. i made it 3/4 the way through the second -script, then started on my own thing. have been doing that since. i had a letter in issue #98 published where i mentioned it.

Ha, no sorry I mean most of what I've written here in this thread concerning a potential movie is said within the context of a potential movie being a 'summer blockbuster' sort of film with a big budget.

I definitely think I could write an Invincible -script though, it'd be fun!

Do tell. :popcorn:

Oh, same discussion as last month. Keep trying to justify the slower issues to unwilling ears.

I guess it's clear... those guys want stories that happen quickly and are immediately retconned.

They don't want any stories to be told once and kept that way.

You should keep them away from Invincible and other independents... for their own safety.

Marvel and DC continuous reboots --- for the "win"!

(Or... you could tell them there's a new Invincible that's a girl with a hood, and another Invincible that's a girl with a bandana. That seems to be working well.) hm

man, peeps at my shop buy stacks of books, every week. kid you not, two hands to hold the stacks of big 2 and indy . you'd think they'd have a greater appreciation for such a great book. the most intelligent conversation i had regarding the book and its direction was with the salesman, a homie. he keeps asking wheres the action and violence that the book is known for. to that question, i have no answer.