• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Constantine TV Trailer

574 posts in this topic

I really don't know why they have to cancel it so quickly. You would think a licensed DC property would be more regarded as a potential sure-fire netflix sales item down the road. Have a Canadian or German producer finance 12 episode seasons, and NBC can aquire it for a limited Summer run or something (Rookie Blue/Transporter?). :shrug:

Exclusive: Here's When Constantine Producers Will Be Pitching to NBC

A source close to the negotiations has told ComicBook.com that producers will meet with NBC to pitch the second season on April 27, at which point the network will go into deliberations and come to a decision, likely sometime in May.

NBC Streaming All Of Constantine Season One Starting Friday

NBC will begin streaming the entire first season of Constantine, for a limited time, via their website starting April 24.

Constantine, an adaptation of DC Comics’ blue collar occultist from Hellblazer and other comics, has struggled for success in NBC’s Friday night lineup. Despite rumors, the series’ second season prospects have not been decided on as of yet, and executive producer Daniel Cerone is still fighting for the show to get a Season 2 renewal, as are fans campaigning under the hashtag #SaveConstantine.

Can John's Childhood And William Shatner Save Constantine?

Executive producer Daniel Cerone tweeted out that they want to look back into John’s past, when he was a child. He also talked about a desire to have William Shatner appear on the show. Shatner and Constantine on the same screen should be enough right there to get a second season.

Other than being a huge fan, how did Shatner feed into this creative flow?

Constantine Season 2 Meeting Went Well Says NBC

Cerone offered an update of what went down on Twitter stating an NBC executive said to tell the fans it went well. Cerone notes that doesn't specifically mean anything concrete, but that "hope never hurts."

Earlier this morning Cerone also asked fans to tweet with the hashtag #SaveConstantine at the start of the NBC meeting. The show regularly tops Twitter whenever it broadcasts, and now it does more of the same as Cerone showed off the fact that Constantine was trending #2 on Twitter to the execs.

Cerone also thanked fans for their support.

"If this show comes back for more, I can honestly say it was the fans. Dab tear now. Thank you," Cerone tweeted.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Frankly, I wasn't a fan of this show at first, but it definitely got better. I would hate to see an awful show like Cristela (rival freshman show, same timeslot) get renewed. But, I understood they couldn't have had it at 10pm (after Grimm). That puts in head to head with 20/20 and Blue Bloods. Monday night at 10pm would have been the best place for it, imho.

‘Constantine’ Decision Date Has Been Announced, Find Out When The Decision Will Be Handed Down

According to the show’s main source of information, Constantine producer Daniel Cerone, the meeting went well. However, fans were not treated to much more information. Cerone took to Twitter to tell Constantine viewers just when they might expect to hear the decision, CrossMap reports.

“For those asking, NBC announces fall [schedule] 5/11. We may hear 2-3 days early. When I know you will. #Constantine #SaveConstantine #Hellblazers”