• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

mlwhittet

You will absolutely thank me forever. Trust me on this one.

BLOCKED

Vintagebarbie.com

nevermind, the user id is

*vintagebarbie.com*

I might go shopping on their ebay...

try searching it-even the correct username does not come up. if you search vintagebarbie all the vintagebarbies come up but not that one-weird

mlwhittet

You will absolutely thank me forever. Trust me on this one.

It is customary to provide some sort of explanation for why an eBayer should be blocked.

Trust him

*Vintagebarbie.com*

Within week the seller filed a SNAD on me. No details just a SNAD. So I call ebay again and they basically told me to refund or send back and drag it out.

It's amazing how petty people can be.

It's amazing how ebay does nothing about obvious seller interference

I'm kinda new to the 'blocked user list'. Does anyone have the complete list in a format that could be copy/pasted into the eBay site? Sorry in advance for the noobish question. :sorry:

"Master lists" can be flawed.

:ohnoez:

-slym

I totally agree, after almost 6 years selling on eBay it is Seller Beware not Buyer Beware!

Thanks,

Jim

K0HW

Agreed! Here's another one to add to the list: ricklinman

Before explaining this situation, some backstory. Due to ebay's doctrine of assuming that all sellers are lying, thieving dirtbags even if proven innocent, I started sending a note out with all orders asking for buyers to contact me with any questions/concerns about their orders by selecting "general question" as the subject of the message. That prevents a case from being opened automatically. Unfortunately, ebay also issues strikes against a seller for a "defect" when a buyer returns something if they select "return request" as the subject. As we all know, comics are just like toasters. They either work or they are defective, so comic sellers should be judged by the same standard. (Sarcasm intended)

The buyer above had made several purchases over the past year and always left positive feedback. Everything seemed fine with him and I never expected any problems. However, he did not select "general question" when he contacted me about returning a book because he didn't agree with the grade and a case was opened. I told him to return it, and I would issue him a refund upon receipt.

After I received the book, I sent him an e-mail asking him if I could send the refund (plus $10 to cover return shipping and for his time) as a separate payment and reiterated the punitive ebay policy. By sending the payment separately, this would bypass the punitive ebay return process. I also asked him if he could just allow the return to expire after I sent his refund as the separate payment. So I waited, and waited, and waited for a response. Nothing over the last two weeks. After giving up on hearing back from him, I just went ahead and sent him the refund through ebay for the amount of the original purchase.

If he would have honored my request the first time, I would have just sent him a refund and told him to keep the book (he bought it for $25) and all would have been resolved. Instead, he had to open the Item Not As Described case, and then refuse (apparently) a refund for more than the original amount. After all, revenge is better than money...

Since this buyer refused to respond to my request or my e-mail, I have no choice but to block him to protect myself. I would suggest everyone else do the same.

Agreed! Here's another one to add to the list: ricklinman

Before explaining this situation, some backstory. Due to ebay's doctrine of assuming that all sellers are lying, thieving dirtbags even if proven innocent, I started sending a note out with all orders asking for buyers to contact me with any questions/concerns about their orders by selecting "general question" as the subject of the message. That prevents a case from being opened automatically. Unfortunately, ebay also issues strikes against a seller for a "defect" when a buyer returns something if they select "return request" as the subject. As we all know, comics are just like toasters. They either work or they are defective, so comic sellers should be judged by the same standard. (Sarcasm intended)

The buyer above had made several purchases over the past year and always left positive feedback. Everything seemed fine with him and I never expected any problems. However, he did not select "general question" when he contacted me about returning a book because he didn't agree with the grade and a case was opened. I told him to return it, and I would issue him a refund upon receipt.

After I received the book, I sent him an e-mail asking him if I could send the refund (plus $10 to cover return shipping and for his time) as a separate payment and reiterated the punitive ebay policy. By sending the payment separately, this would bypass the punitive ebay return process. I also asked him if he could just allow the return to expire after I sent his refund as the separate payment. So I waited, and waited, and waited for a response. Nothing over the last two weeks. After giving up on hearing back from him, I just went ahead and sent him the refund through ebay for the amount of the original purchase.

If he would have honored my request the first time, I would have just sent him a refund and told him to keep the book (he bought it for $25) and all would have been resolved. Instead, he had to open the Item Not As Described case, and then refuse (apparently) a refund for more than the original amount. After all, revenge is better than money...

Since this buyer refused to respond to my request or my e-mail, I have no choice but to block him to protect myself. I would suggest everyone else do the same.

I think this is a BS block suggestion - all of the problems arise from him failing to do things you are asking him to do that are outside of the norm for e-bay dispute resolution.

In fact your frustration with e-bay and their dispute resolution is so great that the act of initiating one changed your resolution plan from "keep it, I'll refund you" to " send back my <$25 book & do this & this" (shrug)

meh