• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Because when he has 100 FB he'll be blocked still and you'll never have to deal with him

Someone just posted this on my buddy's facebook-I really have trouble believing this:

Been thru it all too, with over 2000 sales in 18 months. Setup the parameters to block these types and use immediate payment on BIN. (Can't do that on auctions). That will help with the future. It you decline his offer to make installments your item should be eligible to offer to the other bidders 'second chance'. If you decline his offer...he cannot leave feedback of any kind and you can report him for bidding on an auction without intent to purchase - ebay is really hot on those. I've reported two and two were expelled from ebay.

No...He threatened to turn me into eBay before the auction ended. Then he wanted a comic for .99 cents. So I checked his feedback it says he is from South Africa. On top of that he has left bad feedback for sellers like crazy in the last month, getting items for free, check out the feedback he is leaving people. Needless to say he won one of my auctions I refunded him his money and sent the comic for free. Because of that reason. :frustrated:

The problem is E-Bay is pretty useless. First, I tried to submit a fraud report. They said that they would look into it, but when I called back later, it turns out there was no record of the conversation or anything being done. I think the rep just made some noises to get me off the phone, really.

Then I submitted bad feedback, which E-Bay removed. I spent about two hours on the phone with them discussing this, and their response was:

1) Sellers do not have to disclose things like restoration, repairs, or the fact that the item is not original...it is the buyers responsibility, and...

2) My feedback was not allowed because it 'contradicted' the seller's listing. The last is so bizarre I don't even understand it. Apparently, their argument was that I said it was restored, but the seller didn't put that in the listing, hence I can't post feedback contradicting the seller's lies. What???

After two hours of going in circles, the manager finally admitted that they shouldn't have removed my feedback in the first place, but there was nothing they could do. Supposedly they are going to 'look into' both the person who approved removing my feedback, and the seller, but based on what has happened so far, I seriously doubt anything will be done. Again, I think they just wanted to get me off the phone.

Hence, my posting here, and hopefully other buyers will see this and leave appropriate feedback.

Very dissapointed in the uselessness of E-Bay 'customer service'...

I'd likje to nominate r1hyatt. Purchased restored CGC item: 361237663137, cracked the case then sold it to me as unrestored: 400895559138. Take a look, 100% unquestionably the same comic

Please let me know if I am nominating him incorrectly

Dont' forget to neg him (after you get your $$ back) and spell out what he did in the feedback.

Above post in reference to this...

My 2 cents on all of this is the following: I do not do auctions any longer nor do I sell items on average for less than $50.00. I call these types of individuals noted above as little evil trolls, who's sole purpose is to scam, scheme and suck honest sellers dry of their fair earnings on eBay. I only sell via BIN or Best Offer and the minute I get a best offer (and I do not care how great an offer it is) 'IF' I see the potential Buyer has suspect feedback left for others - I politely decline his or her offer and add them to my block buyer list (YES I know that seems harsh but feedback is your lifeblood on eBay so I rather be anal than angry). Live long and prosper.

i don't think I have ever left negative feedback. If something was wrong, and it was over $50, I have returned.

I have been unhappy with some low dollar items (poor shipping and such) and have just not left any feedback.

Here's someone that you guys might want to block: tonygoldfinger

I haven't dealt with him myself and I don't even know if he buys comics, but he negs sellers who don't leave him feedback. I know that I'd rather not do business with someone like that.

*Vintagebarbie.com*

Bought comic lot as a buyer. Comics got damaged in the mail. I sent pics to seller and not much came of it. Poorly packed in a box several of them got badly corner dinged. So I left a neutral. "Comics got damaged in the mail notified seller." That was the end of it.

Like 5 days later seller buys something from me. This is where I made a mistake. I should have banned the seller and I usually do I just forgot. I called ebay told them the issue and the "made a note on my account". So I packed the book up just like normal and shipped it per their advice. It was a $5 book the cheapest in my store and I was quite sure why.

Within week the seller filed a SNAD on me. No details just a SNAD. So I call ebay again and they basically told me to refund or send back and drag it out. They have no control over the feedback system. So I refunded the entire amount because I just didn't want to deal with the seller anymore.

Just a FYI for some of you.

Edited by Fastballspecial