• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,187 posts in this topic

What he said ^. So the horse in your avy means that you're a horse trader? :wink:

I just got an email stating the book was bought by someone else. Dang even after I checked it out :sorry:

I got the same message about Strange world #5 one day after BIN yesterday. I guess he pulled the books and decided not to sell. :frustrated:

What he said ^. So the horse in your avy means that you're a horse trader? :wink:

I just got an email stating the book was bought by someone else. Dang even after I checked it out :sorry:

I got the same message about Strange world #5 one day after BIN yesterday. I guess he pulled the books and decided not to sell. :frustrated:

Ya I saw that book went poof. Sucks :frustrated:

Ya I saw that book went poof. Sucks :frustrated:

...with Clink you can still go through check out even if someone beat you to it. The sale is not pending until the seller accepts the Buy Order in the system. It can be frustrating. I recently hit a BIN there and a short time later it showed a bid..... a day later I got the email that my buy had been confirmed. Sometimes it goes the other way though. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

A lot of books listed on Clink are also listed other places at the same time. It's not uncommon to see a book on Clink and comicconnect or eBay at the same time. I've bought books from dealers at the San Diego Comic Con that were being listed on Clink as I purchased them. Any number of ways it can happen. The sale never happens until you have the books in hand.

A lot of books listed on Clink are also listed other places at the same time. It's not uncommon to see a book on Clink and comicconnect or eBay at the same time. I've bought books from dealers at the San Diego Comic Con that were being listed on Clink as I purchased them. Any number of ways it can happen. The sale never happens until you have the books in hand.

With the two-part sales process using comiclink, it makes it easier to back out of a sale if interest in the book causes the seller to reconsider the listing price. It almost becomes like selling real estate, where a full price offer will be declined if the seller thinks there's enough interest to get more.

I won these three Web's some weeks ago on the CLink auction, and just received them today.

Trust me, those plastic slabs didn't last long, eh eh. Now I can read them.

29mr5zr.jpg

...Nice. That title had some pretty decent material in it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Picked this book up from eBay recently because I like skeleton covers; Would it qualify as a horror cover?

2w7215l.jpg

Why is that skeleton driving Wonder Woman's invisible jeep?! :insane:

Supernatural cover for sure, animated skeleton and use of the word Phantom makes it qualify! (thumbs u

Cool!

Horror type cover for sure, though I'm sure there is a non-supernatural explanation in the story. Sort of like the Ken Shannon books and other Quality comics from the early 50s that had a distinct "horror" vibe, even if they weren't specifically horror comics.

Cool!

Horror type cover for sure, though I'm sure there is a non-supernatural explanation in the story. Sort of like the Ken Shannon books and other Quality comics from the early 50s that had a distinct "horror" vibe, even if they weren't specifically horror comics.

Yeah, kind of like Saturday morning Scooby-Doo where they would intice you with the promise of a monster only to be some guy in a rubber suit! :frustrated:

Cool!

It seemed to be a tactic with some crime books, to display a horror type cover now and then, or in the case of "Fight Against Crime", almost often. Might have been due to the interest toward horror at the time.

Cool!

It seemed to be a tactic with some crime books, to display a horror type cover now and then, or in the case of "Fight Against Crime", almost often. Might have been due to the interest toward horror at the time.

And they would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids! :preach:

Cool!

Here's an overlooked Western/Horror crossover with a real horror story in it.

combuffalobill_zpsb77fa4ff.jpg

Here's an even better one

comgunsmoke_zps3c1793f3.jpg

Picked this book up from eBay recently because I like skeleton covers; Would it qualify as a horror cover?

2w7215l.jpg

Why is that skeleton driving Wonder Woman's invisible jeep?! :insane:

Supernatural cover for sure, animated skeleton and use of the word Phantom makes it qualify! (thumbs u

lol