• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Limited 1/5000 1994 QVC Maximum Carnage Box Set Sega Genesis

31 posts in this topic

$250 Shipped in the USA. This is a complete box set that was created by Marvel back in 1994. The Sega Genesis game is factory sealed, the HC book is perfect NM+, lapel pins are free of any blemishes and include their original pin backs. COA included. All box insert panels are present. Box bottom and top exhibit shelf wear.

The only place I can find market data is ebay. My price is more than fair. I have 3 of there for sale. The first :takeit: in the thread wins.

Photos coming soon

Edited by Junkdrawer

I found this:

Spider-Man / Carnage Marvel Limited Edition Hardcover

Limited to 5000

Writer: David Michelinie

Artist: Mark Bagley

Inker: Randy Emberlin

Letters: Rick Parker & Joe Rosen

Colorist: Bob Sharen & Renee Witterstaetter

Designer: Dawn Geiger

Editor reprint collection: Eric Fein

Breaking out of prison, Carnage collected several psychopathic supervillains out for blood and went on a rampage. Spider-Man and Venom came into an uneasy alliance to try and defeat Carnage. Eventually, Venom was captured and a few other players came onto Spider-Man's band of heroes, amongst them Captain America. With the aid of Shriek, Carnage persuaded many of the citizens of New York to go crazy and act irrationally, causing riots and shootings. Amidst the chaos, the heroes confronted the Carnage Family and defeated them. When Venom, who had been tortured by Carnage, heard that Carnage was gone, he was enraged and tried to kill Spider-Man. Carnage, however, was alive and well. Seemingly sacrificing himself, Venom defeated Carnage.

Reprints: The Amazing Spider-Man #'s 344, 345, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363.

Although Spider-Man Carnage does not bear the Marvel Limited imprint, its production quality and publication period coincide with the prestigious Marvel Limited line. It has been widely considered by many, including renowned Moth Comix, to be "THE" lost book of the Marvel Limited line. To comic book enthusiasts and rare book collectors’ great misfortune, this beautifully crafted Spider-Man Carnage hardcover was unfortunately marketed primarily to video gamers. Unlike comic book enthusiasts and rare book collectors’ great attention to condition and preservation, video gamers,(who were primarily entrusted with this great book), have allowed the book to fall to degradation and virtual non-existence. Now, after a substantial limited print run of 5000, the Spider-Man Carnage limited hardcover is virtually extinct in comic shops and the World Wide Web. One would be very hard pressed to even find this incredibly rare hardcover book anywhere. Unfortunately, even information on the hardcover book itself is extremely scarce. Therefore, my fellow serious collectors, it is my privilege to present "THE" lost book of the Marvel Limited line... Spider-man: Carnage the Limited Hardcover.

First Printing

Limited to 5000

Publication Date: June 1993

Format: FC, ??? Pages, HC, 10.25 x 7

ISBN-10: 0-87135-971-5

GST # R127032852