• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

Bat 1s are pure honey to me. :)

I agree. I believe if I ever upgrade I would sell off some other books beside my Bat 1 to help finance the new acquisition.

I would hoard Bat 1's if I could.

yah, especially if you can get them for $400 apiece :)

I would go $800 if I can find one with back cover attached. lol

I got a FFE oversize copy you could cut to size complete for 800. I even pay shipping rantrant

Hey guys, what is the current market price for a Batman #1 in 0.5 and does each 0.5 on top of that add a specific $X amount to the price? Trying to figure out how high of a grade I may be able to afford. Also, any stats on how much the price of a Batman #1 in each grade has increased in, say, the past 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, etc?

Has the market rate been fairly stable for the past few years or does the book significantly increase in value year after year?
goes up each year. Solid blue chip investment. Somewhat plentiful (I use that term lightly) in supply for a GA #1 key but always has high demand.

Thanks man. Thinking I may just go with some pre-Robin Detectives until I'm ready to throw down some real money. Still too early in my career for that.
all the pre robins (except the 27 and 31) are at cheaper price points than the Bat 1, but aren't as common.

I know this is in the wrong section but thought since this thread was freshly replied to....i would be interested in purchasing a .5 to a 1 with BC.

Please PM me.

Thanks

I know this is in the wrong section but thought since this thread was freshly replied to....i would be interested in purchasing a .5 to a 1 with BC.

Please PM me.

Thanks

there is a blue label CGC .5 in the current Heritage auction.

I'm glad I do not have to worry about picking up a copy. The 4.5 Bats 1 is already at over $77k!?!? I think this book will sell for more than the Cap 1 5.5. It's been neck and neck between these two books and we may now see a clear winner.

I'm glad I do not have to worry about picking up a copy. The 4.5 Bats 1 is already at over $77k!?!? I think this book will sell for more than the Cap 1 5.5. It's been neck and neck between these two books and we may now see a clear winner.

Just don't let Jaydog hear about it :gossip:

Thanks man. Thinking I may just go with some pre-Robin Detectives until I'm ready to throw down some real money. Still too early in my career for that.

If you are in the market for books like these, you may want to consider a subscription to GPA Link It lists prices of CGC graded books sold in many -- but not all -- venues. The Heritage archives (ha.com) shows all the books sold on that site and has the advantage of showing scans that can give you some rough idea of the effect various defects can have on prices.