• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Yeah, GL was so bad too... ugh

If I was a GL fan, I would have been devastated.

I liked the movie very much.

And as a GL fan, I was anything but devastated - the opposite of it, actually.

+1, I was disappointed by Catwoman but the GL movie was fine. I've liked some movies better, but I didn't hate it, I even watched it again.

I've been a GL fan since I was a kid and Hal Jordan was my first love.

I too watched it twice.

And would be happy to watch it again.

Yeah, GL was so bad too... ugh

If I was a GL fan, I would have been devastated.

I liked the movie very much.

And as a GL fan, I was anything but devastated - the opposite of it, actually.

+1, I was disappointed by Catwoman but the GL movie was fine. I've liked some movies better, but I didn't hate it, I even watched it again.

I've been a GL fan since I was a kid and Hal Jordan was my first love.

Yeah, I'm sure it helps to be a GL fan, which I have never been.

I am glad you guys liked it though.

I still think the DD Movie blew chunks.

Comparing this Netflix series to that is like comparing the Batman 60's goof ball TV show to TDK!

:insane:

This show is very, very well written and feels more like an action/drama than just a show about a dude in costume.

This Kingpin is very believable where the movie's kingpin was just a little too flamboyant /

G-money to take seriously.

Watching the show, I kept saying that its amazing and they can easily add someone like the Punisher to it, and make it even better. They can create sooooo many awesome stories with Punisher and Kingpin, similar to the comics.

I still vote for the Born Again storyline to be done before anything else. Most the characters from that story, are already in the show.

I'd like the Affleck Daredevil movie reels to be buried forever never to be spoken of again.

:)

This.

Time has only galvanized the initial impression that it was terrible.

Oh, except for all the people who liked it.

And there are actually a lot of them.

Yeah. Must be about five of them in this thread alone.

Finally finished the show! I fell asleep during the final episode and my wife finished it without me so I had to get caught up.

I don't get why they had to kill Ben Urich...? He's a major part of the story, IMO. Killing him feels off.

Otherwise- great show! I can't wait to see Jessica Jones and Luke Cage now.

Daredevil Charlie Cox Is Contracted To Do Marvel Movies

"It’d be great. I’ve read Civil War [comic] now, I’ve read The New Avengers [comic], I know he’s in there but I think I missed the boat on Civil War because they’re filming that. I don’t know, Marvel have not mentioned that to me at all. It’s in my contract that if they want me to do it, I’m there, and I would love that. That would be an extension of the dream, but I’m a pretty happy customer at this point, to get to do the series again. And I get to do The Defenders at some point."

Urich was important to the Born Again storyline because he knew Daredevil's identity and was friends with him. It doesn't seem like it would be an easy swap with another reporter. IMO, it was a terrible decision.

And I like Tim's idea:

Season 2 will be Miller's run of #168 - #181: Karen leaves a few episodes in and Elektra, Bullseye and the Hand will all introduced and the central story.

Season 3 will be Born Again with Karen returning at the start of the season to set everything into motion.

Urich was important to the Born Again storyline because he knew Daredevil's identity and was friends with him. It doesn't seem like it would be an easy swap with another reporter. IMO, it was a terrible decision.

And I like Tim's idea:

Season 2 will be Miller's run of #168 - #181: Karen leaves a few episodes in and Elektra, Bullseye and the Hand will all introduced and the central story.

Season 3 will be Born Again with Karen returning at the start of the season to set everything into motion.

+1 to everything you say.

Although to Chip's point, it might be interesting if they introduce Leeds and then the Hobgoblin that might be intriguing. Hobgoblin could be an adversary to Kingpin.

I believe that Marvel has the Tv rights to Spidey and Spidey characters , Sony just has the movie rights. Could be wrong.

Here is a currrent article about the new Sony Marvel deal and it states Marvel always had the Tv rights.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

Sony needed to breathe life into its “Spider-Man” franchise; by lending its character to Marvel, it has a way to generate more exposure for its bigscreen hero. Doing so also creates some serious goodwill among Spider-Man fans, who have wanted to see the character become part of the Avengers.

Marvel now gets access to one of the comicbook company’s most popular characters — it already controlled the rights for TV, merchandise and other platforms, but the holy grail for Disney has lately been film, where it has been able to launch franchises that impact the bottom line of all of its various divisions.

Although to Chip's point, it might be interesting if they introduce Leeds and then the Hobgoblin that might be intriguing. Hobgoblin could be an adversary to Kingpin.

They can't get the real Goblin right. I say, bring in more "live action" friendly characters.

I believe that Marvel has the Tv rights to Spidey and Spidey characters , Sony just has the movie rights. Could be wrong.

Here is a currrent article about the new Sony Marvel deal and it states Marvel always had the Tv rights.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

Sony needed to breathe life into its “Spider-Man” franchise; by lending its character to Marvel, it has a way to generate more exposure for its bigscreen hero. Doing so also creates some serious goodwill among Spider-Man fans, who have wanted to see the character become part of the Avengers.

Marvel now gets access to one of the comicbook company’s most popular characters — it already controlled the rights for TV, merchandise and other platforms, but the holy grail for Disney has lately been film, where it has been able to launch franchises that impact the bottom line of all of its various divisions.

Did not know that, but makes complete sense due to the animated series on Disney.

Edited by vikingreed