• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

thread went quiet (and maybe a bit off track) so i thought a good time to punch my ticket

28 year mission finally completed

that line across Spidey's groin is a bad scratch on the slab - the rest are the book's charm...

i love the wrap, i love the no chipping, and the PQ... wish the staples were more centered and a little less action in the title area, but this felt right when i saw it...

KqfwBKVh.jpg

Beautiful! :applause:

thread went quiet (and maybe a bit off track) so i thought a good time to punch my ticket

28 year mission finally completed

that line across Spidey's groin is a bad scratch on the slab - the rest are the book's charm...

i love the wrap, i love the no chipping, and the PQ... wish the staples were more centered and a little less action in the title area, but this felt right when i saw it...

KqfwBKVh.jpg

presents nicer than the assigned grade in my opinion. Congrats! :cloud9:

Wow! Predictions on this 7.5 is over 65k. I almost bought this copy from Bob storms years ago, I think for around 17k. Boy was i smart not too :make point:

That 4.0 is nice looking. Near perfect page color and no chipping (thumbs u

Picked this copy up a while back from the local comic shop from a one owner collection. Haven't been on the boards in a long while so this is the first time I've shown it.

Unfortunately it has the Marvel chipping...however nothing is missing...the main bad thing is there's a tiny piece hanging on by a thread so I dared not remove from bag to take pic.

Otherwise this is a nice clean...unsoiled...well centered bright copy that I hesitate to grade. I'm afraid to have it slabbed as the piece hanging on by a thread will most surely become a detached floater inside the plastic case. (any thoughts on that?)

Upper left spine has a slight bang and tear to it...

What do you all think? Is it a 3.5? or worse?

b2376136-54fc-4185-8380-0b446d124c9d.jpg

Someone is going to have a great comic to add to this club.

Coming up in the May CL Auction (not mine) -

RADC72712015216_10222.jpg

Yeah, had a debate a few pages on if it would be over or under $65k

Book looks great, but the colors are ok. Has that yellowish tint to it which I am not a fan of. If I were to buy a high graded copy, the colors better be bold and vibrant

Book looks great, but the colors are ok. Has that yellowish tint to it which I am not a fan of. If I were to buy a high graded copy, the colors better be bold and vibrant

I get the feeling that's just the scanner.

-J.

Picked this copy up a while back from the local comic shop from a one owner collection. Haven't been on the boards in a long while so this is the first time I've shown it.

Unfortunately it has the Marvel chipping...however nothing is missing...the main bad thing is there's a tiny piece hanging on by a thread so I dared not remove from bag to take pic.

Otherwise this is a nice clean...unsoiled...well centered bright copy that I hesitate to grade. I'm afraid to have it slabbed as the piece hanging on by a thread will most surely become a detached floater inside the plastic case. (any thoughts on that?)

Upper left spine has a slight bang and tear to it...

What do you all think? Is it a 3.5? or worse?

Without seeing the back I would probably put it in the 3,5 range. That does seem like a fair grade. Nice looking copy by the way. (thumbs u

-J.

b2376136-54fc-4185-8380-0b446d124c9d.jpg

The transfer stains on the front cover of an AF15 are not pretty. And it's super difficult to find one with unscuffed clean grays and whites.