• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Stamps/Bonds/Loans covers - let's see 'em
3 3

226 posts in this topic

Wasn't it though? You know a name like that wouldn't fly today. Thanks for commenting! Happy Holidays!

You know there was a cross-dressing superhero back then called Madame Fatal -

From Wiki

"Madame Fatal is notable for being a male superhero who dressed up as an elderly woman and as such is the first cross-dressing hero. The original incarnation of the more famous cross-dressing character, Red Tornado, later that year, would become the first cross-dressing heroine.

"She" was actually Richard Stanton, a handsome, pipe-smoking, dapper, middle-aged blonde Caucasian man who is exceptionally intelligent and intuitive, as well as being at the peak of his physical abilities. He had made a vast fortune successfully playing the Wall Street stock market of the late 1920s, a time of economic unrest, which incurred the jealousy of many of those close to him. In his private life..."

Wasn't it though? You know a name like that wouldn't fly today. Thanks for commenting! Happy Holidays!

You know there was a cross-dressing superhero back then called Madame Fatal -

From Wiki

"Madame Fatal is notable for being a male superhero who dressed up as an elderly woman and as such is the first cross-dressing hero. The original incarnation of the more famous cross-dressing character, Red Tornado, later that year, would become the first cross-dressing heroine.

"She" was actually Richard Stanton, a handsome, pipe-smoking, dapper, middle-aged blonde Caucasian man who is exceptionally intelligent and intuitive, as well as being at the peak of his physical abilities. He had made a vast fortune successfully playing the Wall Street stock market of the late 1920s, a time of economic unrest, which incurred the jealousy of many of those close to him. In his private life..."

Thanks for the 'like'. Fascinating info there! Wow, nothing like golden age,

This one has slipped past me a few times, but I got this nice example on eBay. Liberated from its 8.0 slab.

Champ_25_zpsx65ci5js.jpg

Great red cover :applause:

Kids not old enough to drive, risking life and limb in an unregistered and (I assume) uninsured vehicle.

Gasoline rationing be damned.

Nearby adults -service personnel, no less - are not only unconcerned, but seem to approve.

Simply wonderful.

Now, AJD, I'll need you to indentify the aircraft :baiting:

Thanks! I had looked for one for awhile( and I've had this one a few years now). Have looked for other copies still, as it's the kind of book I wouldn't mind owning two copies of, but doesn't show up for sale.

Edited by Sagii