• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Captain Marvel Books (Shazam) are hot right now?

70 posts in this topic

This is the first full battle of Superman Vs. Captain Marvel. A NM/MT book. I have not seen another one. I had this in my collection for over 12 years.

Soon or later Warner Bros. will get these two to fight.

IMG_0321_zps79c2351b.jpg

IMG_0322_zpsb523dd3a.jpg

I think that is one cool looking cover.

Not sure it is $140.00 worth of cool, but cool none the less.

I think that is one cool looking cover.

Not sure it is $140.00 worth of cool, but cool none the less.

Looks like another book sold Fixed! price sold on eBay for $150

http://comics.gocollect.com/priceguide/view/142989

I bought this on eBay over 12 years ago for $15.

Wondering how much this is going for now?

Superman276f.jpg

GPA is only showing one sale of a 9.8. It went for $420 last year.

There are only 4 graded CGC 9.8, so it is hard to determine the FMV of the book.

Shazam 1 and Shazam 28 both books has 1st bronze appearance in DC but Shazam 28 is worth more. I know 28 is more rare but hero 1st appearance usually worth more than villan. And he's getting his own movie. I guess black Adam really popular.

The print run for Shazam #1 is too high. It was a highly speculated on book at the time it was released. Almost every BA collection I have purchased has multiples of #1, but most of the Shazam runs end off just after the 100 page giants so #25 and #28 are missing.

Shazam 1 and Shazam 28 both books has 1st bronze appearance in DC but Shazam 28 is worth more. I know 28 is more rare but hero 1st appearance usually worth more than villan. And he's getting his own movie. I guess black Adam really popular.

No, I think people understand Captain Marvel has a long history of being in GA comics, but aren't that familiar with Black Adam.