• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

A man after my own heart :applause:

I just know his first 10 off top of my head, since that's what I did.

(FF#39 comes shortly after, I can't recall off top of my head how shortly after his 10th appearance. In the woods turkey hunting as we speak, so limited batt life on phone:)

DD #1

DD #2

DD #3

Spidey #16 = 4th app.

DD #4 = 5th

Spidey #18 = 6th app. (Cameo)

DD #5 = 7th

DD #6 = 8th

DD #7 = 9th

JIM #116 = 10th app.

DD #8 = 11th

After the books that have been posted recently I feel :blush: posting these. But this is what you buy when you're on a budget and I felt like sharing because I'm still happy to pick them up. :)

34njl1d.png

Another Western Penn for my registry set. :whee: Big THANK YOU to wormboy/Tim for reaching out to me and sending this book to me in return for a donation in the Stormsurge Charity Thread. :applause:

2dmf313.png

I have plenty of copies of this book raw, but I just wanted a slabbed copy. I won this one cheap and it's an old label so :cloud9:

Is anyone else that has been collecting Daredevil books for years feeling frustrated with the recent popularity of the character?

It seems that books that were once reasonably priced are being snatched up and you now have to deal with speculators who used to not pay attention to Daredevil at all prior to the show?

rantrant

It's not all speculators. I've loved Daredevil since I picked up #132 off a spinner rack when I was 11-years-old, but I've never collected high grade DD slabs before now.

Ok, fair enough.

But I feel like a year ago many wouldn't be buying low issues of Daredevil and now it seems people are falling all over each other for them.

Maybe it's not speculators. But I enjoyed collecting a book that didn't have such a mainstream appeal like Spider-Man and Batman.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure there's some speculating going on. As someone who's posted several nice books in this thread recently, I just wanted my intentions to be clear.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure there's some speculating going on. As someone who's posted several nice books in this thread recently, I just wanted my intentions to be clear.

I was writing my last response before I read this.

Wasn't thinking of you in that group at all. :foryou: