• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

I know the seller and it is legitimate!
Why would he just not put it to auction? He has plenty of books sold using the auction format. Does not make a lot of sense. Also how could he possibly loose the case if he had proof of delivery. Seems way off. Edited by paul747

Yeah price is crazy. You'd think it was a double cover SS for that price....

I didnt check the whole thread, this may have been covered- is it extremely difficult to find copies of this book with both staples on the spine (on the side)? Most copies Ive ever seen have staples on the front of the book

That's a common defect on many early to mid 1960's Marvels. It bothers some people. I personally don't think twice about it as I just look at as a part of Marvel's history.

I didnt check the whole thread, this may have been covered- is it extremely difficult to find copies of this book with both staples on the spine (on the side)? Most copies Ive ever seen have staples on the front of the book

That's a common defect on many early to mid 1960's Marvels. It bothers some people. I personally don't think twice about it as I just look at as a part of Marvel's history.

Oh, absolutely. That said, to me it seems like this issue in particular has a way higher % of off the mark staple placement than any other SA Marvel that I've ever been interested in (for example, the rest of the Ditko Spidey run)

I agree with you on that. I don't see it that often on other Silver Age Spidey's (staple placement on the front). Maybe there's a reason for it being more prevalent on this issue?

MrBedrock of these Boards has this one that just jumped from about 500 to over 1K today! :whatthe:

Pretty nice Poor book...though a kid in the 1960s was a bit too possessive in his affection for Spidey. :whistle: 15 bidders and counting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Amazing-Spider-Man-1-CGC-0-5-PR-1963-/281816284714?hash=item419d8f3e2a

Edited by cloudofwit

MrBedrock of these Boards has this one that just jumped from about 500 to over 1K today! :whatthe:

Pretty nice Poor book...though a kid in the 1960s was a bit too possessive in his affection for Spidey. :whistle: 15 bidders and counting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Amazing-Spider-Man-1-CGC-0-5-PR-1963-/281816284714?hash=item419d8f3e2a

Wow, that is tragic! No Spidey on the cover!

I sold my .5 copy last month for just over 1100. This one may go for more.