• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

Nice Super Duper! As a Mr. Monster fan, I wish I'd looked harder for one of those back in the 90s.

A boardie was kind enough to send me the link to one. I no doubt paid a record :tonofbricks: but it was perhaps my most wanted Bell one of the ones I was still looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Duper-Comics-3-F-E-Howard-Pub-1947-RARE-CANADIAN-EDITION-1st-Mr-Monster-/351378942720?ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:US:1123

Congrats Bronty.

Nice Super Duper! As a Mr. Monster fan, I wish I'd looked harder for one of those back in the 90s.

A boardie was kind enough to send me the link to one. I no doubt paid a record :tonofbricks: but it was perhaps my most wanted Bell one of the ones I was still looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Duper-Comics-3-F-E-Howard-Pub-1947-RARE-CANADIAN-EDITION-1st-Mr-Monster-/351378942720?ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:US:1123

Congrats Bronty.

:applause:

Oh, that silly Brunom450!

Congrats Dan, great looking copy! I will likely one day myself bend to Brunom450's will and shell out some real dough for a white.

And we cannot forget this recent acquistion, which is the inspiration for the Brok Windsor book's cover. Notice the image of Brok and Starra on the bottom left side of the cover are used on the cover of the new hardcover book accordingly.

Better%20Brok_zpsvekzakuo.jpg

And we cannot forget this recent acquistion, which is the inspiration for the Brok Windsor book's cover. Notice the image of Brok and Starra on the bottom left side of the cover are used on the cover of the new hardcover book accordingly.

Better%20Brok_zpsvekzakuo.jpg

Interesting that it's a Canadian comic but that it's in "COLOR" and "COMICOLOR"...

some books at the very beginning and very end of the WECA period were in fact in color :gossip: They are the exception though.

Sorry. I was unclear. I was referring to the fact that it's a Canadian comic but it has the US spelling of the word "color". It's of course "colour" in Canada.

Right! Great point! Scandalous!!!

Curious, interesting and funny - yes - especially if this was a "Canada only" cover. "Scandalous" - not so much.

The use of the word "color" makes me wonder whether this cover was used on a US publication somewhere before being used for this book.

Edited by pemart1966