• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

This is what I've been seeing from this thread:

Archer & Armstrong #0

Bloodshot #7

Eternal Warrior #4

Eternal Warrior #5

Harbinger #0 PINK

Harbinger #1 to #6

Harbinger #10

Harbinger #15

Magnus #0

Magnus #5

Magnus #7

Magnus #12

Ninjak #1 GOLD

Quantum & Woody #1

Rai #0 to #4

Shadowman #1

Shadowman #8

Solar #3

Solar #10

X-O Manowar #1

X-O Manowar #4

You young guys talking about scoring on Harby #10 boggles the mind.

As a "post-unity" non-variant, the only book that became worth anything originally was Rai #0.

After that, Harby #10 was *maybe* a $10 book (when Harby #1 was $150, 1993 dollars.)

Post-unity regular issues were mostly drek, even the "stars" like Shadowman #8, #16, Solar #14, Harby #10, etc.

+1

This is hilarious.

As a "post-unity" non-variant, the only book that became worth anything originally was Rai #0.

After that, Harby #10 was *maybe* a $10 book (when Harby #1 was $150, 1993 dollars.)

Post-unity regular issues were mostly drek, even the "stars" like Shadowman #8, #16, Solar #14, Harby #10, etc.

Solar #14, is that the first Fred Bender? We haven't seen him yet in new Valiant.

Archer & Armstrong #0

Bloodshot #7

Eternal Warrior #4

Eternal Warrior #5

Harbinger #0 PINK

Harbinger #1 to #6

Harbinger #10

Harbinger #15

Magnus #0

Magnus #5

Magnus #7

Magnus #12

Ninjak #1 GOLD

Quantum & Woody #1

Rai #0 to #4

Shadowman #1

Shadowman #8

Solar #3

Solar #10

X-O Manowar #1

X-O Manowar #4

Some of the post-Unity books you mention could be considered keys, but the only ones that seem to be getting any heat at the moment are EW #4 & #5, Rai #0, and maybe Shadowman #8. Golds are always in demand amongst collectors. I haven't been following what the increase has been on those.

It's difficult to get past that for all of us who lived through the Valiant years. Who the heck wants that ? But I suppose anything is possible if enough people trashed their drek copies so that now there could actually be a shortage in HG on certain drek issues, especially after the 90s crash and the print runs came down to next to nothing by the end of the runs. I've no idea what new characters may have been introduced in those later issues that may find life again now. Still, I'll take "classic" pre-Unity Valiant, thank you very much.

It's difficult to get past that for all of us who lived through the Valiant years. Who the heck wants that ? But I suppose anything is possible if enough people trashed their drek copies so that now there could actually be a shortage in HG on certain drek issues, especially after the 90s crash and the print runs came down to next to nothing by the end of the runs. I've no idea what new characters may have been introduced in those later issues that may find life again now. Still, I'll take "classic" pre-Unity Valiant, thank you very much.

That is one thing I can agree, especially after a few people I know were like "I threw out all my Valiants because they were worthless".

If Bloodshot movie has H.A.R.D. Corps in it, then this Harbinger 10 will take off but not likely to see Harbinger #1 status.

Given that we live in an era where 9.8 Spawn # 1s sell for $90 & 9.6 Spawn # 1s sell for $45, it could easily happen to even post-glut Valiants.

Heck, Bloodshot 1's selling for more than $75 these days in 9.8. I can't count how many raw NM/M copies I passed on for $1 over the years.

Given that we live in an era where 9.8 Spawn # 1s sell for $90 & 9.6 Spawn # 1s sell for $45, it could easily happen to even post-glut Valiants.

Heck, Bloodshot 1's selling for more than $75 these days in 9.8. I can't count how many raw NM/M copies I passed on for $1 over the years.

Hold on WHAT??

Bloodshot 1 9.8 is closing in on $100??

I just passed on a stack of them in a dollar bin a couple weeks ago.

Hold on WHAT??

Bloodshot 1 9.8 is closing in on $100??

I just passed on a stack of them in a dollar bin a couple weeks ago.

It's unlikely that a stack of CGC 9.8 Bloodshot #1 would consistently sell for $100.

A few copies might, if there had been news and no available CGC 9.8 copies for a while...

but the long-term outlook on the highest print run books from Valiant (particularly 1993 and 1994) isn't strong.

It's tough to see how it could be. There are way too many available in overall raw supply.

The CGC 9.8 supply can be small at a given point in time, but the potential CGC 9.8 supply

is basically unlimited on books like Bloodshot #1.

For example, Eternal Warrior #4 (1992, 100,000 copies) is basically a 1:6 when compared to Bloodshot #1 (1993, 600,000 copies).

There's no way CGC 9.8 Bloodshot #1 should sell for anywhere near half the price of CGC 9.8 Eternal Warrior #4.

(Unless the fact that Bloodshot #1 is the first comic from any publisher to have chromium on the cover somehow makes it super desirable outside of Valiant collectors.)

so with the news announced what are the key characters involved in the Harbinger Wars. For some reason I never read this series, will be going to the LCS this weekend to pick up the TPB.

Made some slight modifications for you

Archer & Armstrong #0

Bloodshot #6

Bloodshot #7

Eternal Warrior #4

Eternal Warrior #5

Harbinger #0 PINK

Harbinger #1 to #6

Harbinger #10

Harbinger #15......not yet

Magnus #0

Magtnus #1

Magnus #5

Magnus #7

Magnus #12

Ninjak #1 GOLD :cloud9:

Quantum & Woody #1

Rai #0 to #4 + #5

Shadowman #1

Shadowman #8

Shadowman #10

Solar #1

Solar #3

Solar #10

X-O Manowar #1

X-O Manowar #4

Edited by 1p36DSA

There is no shortage of post unity commons. Can't think that way. It just isn't true.

The print run does not have to correlated with the price. I may have 300 copies of Harbinger 10, but if my price is $10, take it or leave it, it doesn't matter. Many dealers will raise prices based on demand regardless of their supply.

There is no shortage of post unity commons. Can't think that way. It just isn't true.

The print run does not have to correlated with the price. I may have 300 copies of Harbinger 10, but if my price is $10, take it or leave it, it doesn't matter. Many dealers will raise prices based on demand regardless of their supply.

True... there are lots of post-Unity Valiant commons... but none are as common as X-Force #2. Prices will vary. lol

I think for the guy who just hears about the movies and wants to grab some Bloodshot, there's just too many options...we're now talking about 3 launches of Bloodshot plus the Rai 0 and the Eternal Warrior 4.

Apparently, I'm now a paper millionaire.

:whee:

Sold two Harby #1s, $720 and $750 (out the door, no fees) in the last couple of weeks. Had to fight for several years the downward pressure on these books...people offering $250, $300, $350....refused to sell for less than $500 out the door.

Glad I held on.

Now I need to slab more.

:D

Apparently, I'm now a paper millionaire.

:whee:

Sold two Harby #1s, $720 and $750 (out the door, no fees) in the last couple of weeks. Had to fight for several years the downward pressure on these books...people offering $250, $300, $350....refused to sell for less than $500 out the door.

Glad I held on.

Now I need to slab more.

:D

Congrats!! :applause: