• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I have never removed myself from a PM and I have every PM since I joined in '07...

^^

:headbang:

I remember back in the early 2000s it was announced we had to clean out our PMs as they were going to limit it to a very low number. Not too long after I had removed about 50% of mine they took it back. I was ticked. :cry:

Hi I put this in the general thread above but it may belong here? How long does someone have to pay for a book before reporting them? Thx you

What did the terms of your sale state as time for payment?

If there weren't any time conditions on the original sale, I believe (for probation list purposes) you have to wait 30 days or get some affirmative answer from the buyer that they are refusing to pay before reporting them.

30 days okay, unfortunately I did not say when I needed or wanted payment will do this next time, thx you for the answer

How long has it been?

Going forward putting something like "immediate payment expected" or '48 hour payment expected unless arrangements are made prior to sale" would save you some aggravation.

Hi board members, I will address this issue to clear up everything. Yes, my brother and I use the same computer. I am user Toyman and he is Comickat. We have always shipped out all items to all who have purchased from us and promptly answered any questions addressed to us. Yes, we have had an issue with a relative who is listed on the HOS because he did not pay for items, but in his defense he was going through very hard times and couldn't afford to pay for the items. That does not make it acceptable, but I wanted to let the board know. If I cannot be a member on these boards due to my relatives past then I will have no choice but to stop posting on these boards. If there is anyway to clear up the non payment issues he had, I can try to rectify that if it's a solution.

toyman purchases a TOS issue from me for $219 on February 28. Didn't hear from him for a few days and then he says give me some time to pay I'm waiting on some board payments...this was on March 2. He told me he lived in the same city as I so I said why don't we meet at the local Starbucks and I hand deliver the book. He said that would work and sent a PP payment of $139 on March 8 and said he'd give me $80 bucks cash when we met.

He PMed me his cellphone on March 10 and I set up a meeting for after work on March 11 and called with no answer. Called the next day no answer. He PMed me and said he had another long meeting and that the next day March 13 would work. He didn't answer my calls on the 13th so I was busy and figured the ball was back (still in) his court and waited to hear back from him. I finally PMed him again on the 15th and said the 16th might work but I was going to be out of town and possibly late home. He said Tues the 17th or Wed the 18th would work. I told him I had something going on St Patty's Day and that I'd meet him at 5:30pm on Wed the 18th...he said PM him the address. I leave work about 5:15pm on Wed the 18th and notice he hasn't even answered the PM which I gave him the address. I called him, no answer...go to the Starbucks just in case (it's right near my house) and call him again no answer and tell him I've got something to do shortly thereafter and couldn't hang around. No answer anyway.

PMed him on the 18th and notice he didn't read that PM for another couple of days. Finally he read the two PMs and didn't leave any reply. Figured I'd wait to hear from him...thought I'd call him this weekend and try and get the transaction completed...only to get a Paypal Claim on my email this morning... :o

He filed a 100% refund and told Paypal I had failed to deliver the book. Again, he had my cellphone number and of course the PMs and he never communicated anything...wanted to back out of the purchase etc. I was pretty bummed...have never had this happen ever since I've been on Paypal...I call Paypal and he says he told them he was no longer a member of CGC so he could no longer pursue the transaction... :o:o

So it's all your guys fault! :sumo::censored:

Just kidding :jokealert:

Anyway, I'll probably let it go but please place Mr. toyman on the Probation List when the time duration kicks in on my behalf... :frustrated:

I'm also going to nominate toyman, Steve Candido, for the Probabtion List. I recently purchased four books from him in two sales threads he had going. The first purchase was one book, and it was fine. The second purchase was three books. One was fine, and I sent it in for grading.

The other two books were overgraded. One minimally, and one by quite a bit. One book was grded as a 9.4/9.6 and is a 9.2. Not horrible, but not was what I was expecting or wanted. The other book was listed as a 9.4. It was a 9.2 with a stain on the back cover, which would grade it out as an 8.0 in my opinion. He did not post back cover scans in the sales thread.

I asked for a 2/3 refund of the $150 total price so $100, but he was not willing to do anything. He then requested that all three be shipped back, but I can't do that because the third book is in for grading.

I opened a PayPal dispute, and they sided with me but required that all three books be shipped back as he requested. I might be able to sell the two books for $20, but I cannot sell them for the grades he advertised.

Here is a picture of the back cover with the stain at the bottom. It's a Conan 8.

001_zpstejbrivg.jpg

I sent him a PM on 4-3, but it was never read, at least on here. From the looks of it, he's not coming back to the boards as toyman, but maybe this will help someone in the future.

In 8 years and many board transactions, this is the first one I've had go bad.

Sounds like a deal that didn't work out in the end, but doesn't sound like it's a Probation List worthy nomination. :sorry:

You disagreed with the grades and wanted a partial refund. He declined and offered a full refund upon return of the books. You declined (due to impossibility).

I wouldn't think this is probation list worthy. 2c

If you disagreed with the grading of the books why did you send one in for grading? ???

Sounds like a deal that didn't work out in the end, but doesn't sound like it's a Probation List worthy nomination. :sorry:

You disagreed with the grades and wanted a partial refund. He declined and offered a full refund upon return of the books. You declined (due to impossibility).

I wouldn't think this is probation list worthy. 2c

If you disagreed with the grading of the books why did you send one in for grading? ???

One book in the group of three was graded accurately. I wanted to keep it.

If it's not worthy of the list, at least it can be a warning to future buyers. It looks like he's been run off the site anyway. He still has to answer to Tom's complaint as well.

Okay guys update as I looked through our pm's, so I sold the book last Saturday and asked for payment he said in a few days, I said okay, on Monday or Tuesday I pm him and said that I needed the book paid so I can ship it out before I leave out of town, message read by him and then no answer from him, so now it had been one week and he stated payment would be made in a few days is this not reportable now as he has reneged on his stated payment terms? Thx for the help

Okay guys update as I looked through our pm's, so I sold the book last Saturday and asked for payment he said in a few days, I said okay, on Monday or Tuesday I pm him and said that I needed the book paid so I can ship it out before I leave out of town, message read by him and then no answer from him, so now it had been one week and he stated payment would be made in a few days is this not reportable now as he has reneged on his stated payment terms? Thx for the help

Are you sure he has reneged?

No language in the original listing stating payment due only in pm that he would pay in the next few days, regarding reneging, no I do not know, I just know that when I have bought or sold a book in the past it is done usually within 24 hrs unless there is an issue for one of us, so basically even though he said he would pay in a few days he still has 30 days?

No language in the original listing stating payment due only in pm that he would pay in the next few days, regarding reneging, no I do not know, I just know that when I have bought or sold a book in the past it is done usually within 24 hrs unless there is an issue for one of us, so basically even though he said he would pay in a few days he still has 30 days?

..... no......you have 30 days before you can lodge a formal complaint on the Probation List...... if he/she hasn't met their agreed upon deadline then after that you are free to relist the item. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Board rules state 30 days to conclude a transaction. Did you include any language in your listing to the effect of "Payment expected within X days"?

This is why I always put "Payment expected within X days of request for payment" in all of my sales threads. Then, if a buyer wants to negotiate time payments or more time to pay it can be negotiated via PM before any sale. Also, if the buyer doesn't pay within the X days stated in my listing I can consider the sale void and put it back up for sale.