• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

I really hope that they can keep to the current release schedule of 1 per month. The loss of momentum in a title can really kill its following. I didn't keep up with it for other reasons, but now I'm scarfing up back issues with abandon. The reality is that you can have the best story and artwork in the world, but if you produce 1 comic every 4 months in a comic with slow pacing, no one's going to buy it.

It's very sad that things turned south for Upchurch, as I think his artistic style was perfect for this genre. But I'm optimistic about Sejic.

Issue #1 was one of the best (definitely in the top 5) comics I've read in the past 2 years.

-Terry

I really hope that they can keep to the current release schedule of 1 per month. The loss of momentum in a title can really kill its following. I didn't keep up with it for other reasons, but now I'm scarfing up back issues with abandon. The reality is that you can have the best story and artwork in the world, but if you produce 1 comic every 4 months in a comic with slow pacing, no one's going to buy it.

It's very sad that things turned south for Upchurch, as I think his artistic style was perfect for this genre. But I'm optimistic about Sejic.

Issue #1 was one of the best (definitely in the top 5) comics I've read in the past 2 years.

-Terry

Eight issues straight from January through to September (well, almost, missed an issue in February) , with Vol.2 coming out next month.

Committed to being on time and with Stjepan on board, we'll make it happen.