• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

Going out with a bang.

I'm surprised the account is still open.

Interestingly enough, this buyer paid today for an item he purchased from me on 4/11/15; this was after I opened an unpaid item case this past Saturday. I didn't think he'd pay, but now that he did I'm stuck with having to mail him the item even though I feel uncomfortable doing so, because of the amount of negative feedback he's accrued recently. What if it's some form of scam, I'll be out $500+!

I wanted to cancel the transaction and refund him, but eBay is not allowing me to do so. I called them up and they informed me the transaction cannot be cancelled since the buyer paid and suggested I follow through with mailing the item. I asked what if he claims the item is not as described or if he makes some other bogus claim? Their reply was just to make sure to provide tracking information... :eek:

Doesn't ebay have a time limit on how soon you have to pay after winning an item? Can someone really wait 9 days and after the seller has filed a complaint before paying?

Unfortunately, yes. :facepalm:

It's not an eCheck, right?

Someone just got a bad one from him.

Nah, PayPal payment. Money is already showing in my account.

Good luck. It seems like a carp shoot.

I know, man. We'll see what happens.

Take it out of your account and switch it to a bank account that PP can't access. I have one that I leave just $150 minimum in for PP, I need $100 to keep the account open, the $50 is in case I print postage when I don't have enough funds in PP..

I've never had a horrid transaction like that, but I don't want to, either. If they can't sweep money from your account (in case of a fruitcake) at least not having the funds there, will give you some time to make some calls.

here's a new one. Buyer won a $10 book last night and got this message this evening

"You can relist this book. My status was showing me that I was outbid so I went ahead and found a copy from another seller even cheaper. I won t be paying for this."

Member id

valvathoma