• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,009 posts in this topic

Just picked this little copy up (thumbs u

RAD531D62015320_14912_zpsirdemgkm.jpg

Very Nice copy of the first issue that finally started to respect our mature readers' intelligence!

Always liked the use of the grey scale on the crowd except for the kid and just showing the back of the monster.

All that and the "Stan Lee + S. Ditko" on the cover make this one of my favorites!

-bc

PS - Is that a Peter Parker cameo on the cover all the way to the right or just a stock Ditko figure? ;)

Just a few mainly lower grades added to my collection.

amadv6_zpswjwjuqh5.jpg

tos33_zpswqo2veru.jpg

tos36_zpsgqfymxd8.jpg

tos38_zpslj9jjp34.jpg

jim82_zpswflgtcx6.jpg

Cool pickups! You’re building a nice PHM collection for just jumping in 11 pages/1 month ago!

-bc

Cool pickups! You’re building a nice PHM collection for just jumping in 11 pages/1 month ago!

-bc

Thanks bc. I was once a big pre-hero/Atlas sc-fi collector. Even when I switched to mainly pre-code (horror/sci-fi/crime I would add some pre-heroes to the mix. Now that I jumped back into collecting the whole Atlas type pose codes are really attracting me again.

Too funny, thanks for sharing. IMO, that comic, a 9.2 no less, is ruined.

Yep, another Pristine Comics masterpiece. :facepalm: He really needs to add "Ruins" to the front of his store name.

Stan (Stain) butt- tag... :facepalm:

-bc

Thanks bc. I was once a big pre-hero/Atlas sc-fi collector. Even when I switched to mainly pre-code (horror/sci-fi/crime I would add some pre-heroes to the mix. Now that I jumped back into collecting the whole Atlas type pose codes are really attracting me again.

Way to go PR!

Most of my books look like the oneß you've just picked up...but I love em and read em the same!

MrMeek...my first pre hero book,,, :cloud9:

-bc

Way to go PR!

Most of my books look like the oneß you've just picked up...but I love em and read em the same!

MrMeek...my first pre hero book,,, :cloud9:

I wish I could remember my first pre-hero book. I DO remember it was a Kirby Monster but besides that... (shrug)

Stan is destroying more comics than mothers in the 60s :insane: Gotta love him though

I understand the frustration here, I feel it too .... but I wouldn't put it on Stan though .... he's just signing what's put in front of him ..... I'd lay in squarely on the person submitting such high grade books for Sig Series!! IMHO, SURE, sign the outta the mid grade & lesser stuff ..... but leave that high grade stuff ..... "uncompromised". Just my two cents (shrug)

Stan is destroying more comics than mothers in the 60s :insane: Gotta love him though

I understand the frustration here, I feel it too .... but I wouldn't put it on Stan though .... he's just signing what's put in front of him ..... I'd lay in squarely on the person submitting such high grade books for Sig Series!! IMHO, SURE, sign the outta the mid grade & lesser stuff ..... but leave that high grade stuff ..... "uncompromised". Just my two cents (shrug)

+1000 :sumo:

I don't blame stan at all; I agree. I admire the fact that he's over 90 and still doing all of this; its incredible. But the fact remains that he does mutilate the EFF out of them :insane:

My fave Stan Sig. Is just underneath the splash of Groot....there are three panels cut from stories,it is beat to hexk....but right to the left of Stans autograph?.......Jack Kirby!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Both sigs from the 70s..dont care if they are not authenticated...I know,90% they are legit.100% cause i was not there,but got them from the fellow that was...