• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Got this in today from my coupon submission I sent in 6 weeks ago before the movie announcements. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with the outcome, I bought it off eBay early last year for $80. I always wanted this book as a kid when I saw it in the Wizard top 10 every month in the early 90's, so it's been a long time coming.

17172784495_0806bcf6ea_b.jpg

(worship)

Got this in today from my coupon submission I sent in 6 weeks ago before the movie announcements. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with the outcome, I bought it off eBay early last year for $80. I always wanted this book as a kid when I saw it in the Wizard top 10 every month in the early 90's, so it's been a long time coming.

(worship)

Great outcome!

Last year $80 was a risk on a raw copy... you could get an already-slabbed 9.6 for about $90.

Right now you would have been ahead as long as you got a CGC 9.4 out of it... possibly even 9.2.

Awesome that it's 9.8! :whee:

:applause:

Did you buy that from me? I sold one for $80 about a year ago, I think?

Very Nice Work, Indeed! :applause:

Love the new bleeding cool article on speculating. Buy bloodshot and harbinger new and old and sell TMNT Donatello

Except at this point people don't seem to give a hoot about New 2012 Valiant....maybe when all the old Valiant dries up.

New Harbinger has 25 Issues, a few variants, and a really good story.Spun off a few more series as well, Harbinger Omegas, and Imperium. I strongly recommend that anyone that actually likes to read comics, read this line. Especially if you read the old Valiants back in the day like I did. You see similarities, but it is a great new take on these characters.

Also, Rai #8 was just released. We have to wait until August for #9 and Clayton Crain to get caught up on Savior, and whatever else (Walking Dead #1 cover ect.) he is doing.

PHENOMENAL story in the new Rai series.

And I only like Transformers More than Meets the Eye so this must be good.

You young guys talking about scoring on Harby #10 boggles the mind.

As a "post-unity" non-variant, the only book that became worth anything originally was Rai #0.

After that, Harby #10 was *maybe* a $10 book (when Harby #1 was $150, 1993 dollars.)

Post-unity regular issues were mostly drek, even the "stars" like Shadowman #8, #16, Solar #14, Harby #10, etc.