• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Obviously this movie will make money, but I wonder what the threshold is for it. Like, is $750 million global a big enough bomb to shut down the rest of the movies in development and end the shoe horned universe?

Captain America 3 is going to make double this film, without breaking a sweat.

Obviously this movie will make money, but I wonder what the threshold is for it. Like, is $750 million global a big enough bomb to shut down the rest of the movies in development and end the shoe horned universe?

i can see it making $750 million global. i also think it has a lot more potential to break a billion and maybe becomes WB/DC biggest CBM.

Shoe horned universe? I would think all the cinematic advances that finally allows for superhero realism have been leading up to this. Superman and Batman? C'mon. General audiences who couldn't have named a single Avenger before their movie know these two heroes. Worldwide.

That's not saying WB can't screw it up. But if done well it should be an 'Event' film like hasn't been seen for quite some time.

i can see it making $750 million global. i also think it has a lot more potential to break a billion and maybe becomes WB/DC biggest CBM.

Put me on record for at least 1 billion.

You got Batman.

You got Superman.

even Affleck has a following.

No way this doesn`t do a billion world wide.

Frankly,I would be shocked if it did 500 million.

That would be a failure.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I'm pretty confident this movie is going to make a ton of money.

And it's going to suck.

A combination that is not good for comics in the long run.

You mean like Iron Man 3?