• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

Colin you got everything right except for the girlfriend part. That was my wife of 10 years now lol. As Jay stated I was offered 2500 so I had to relist it. I still can't believe how much demand this book has. I had 79 watchers right before I relisted it.

Costas

Ah, I gotcha....congrads, then.

And Hell of yes , you made the right call in taking the $2500 offer (thumbs u

I can't believe how big the demand is, either.

A buyer could have 2 slabbed cgc/cbcs 9.8's of Venom's 1st app. in ASM 300 with a few hundred to spare, for what the 648 variant is going for now.

So another ugly cover seems to be selling.

1st this one has climbed up...now psylockes cover has climbed up as well, this book was a 30 dollar book two weeks ago, last 3 I was watching sold for $50, $80 and now.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-X-FORCE-20-VENOM-VARIANT-RARE-HTF-HOT-NM-/251915895869?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=A8iMAXQwFezL5fNpN%252FQ2b9obgao%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by Santos208

1st this one has climbed up...now psylockes cover has climbed up as well, this book was a 30 dollar book two weeks ago, last 3 I was watching sold for $50, $80 and now.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-X-FORCE-20-VENOM-VARIANT-RARE-HTF-HOT-NM-/251915895869?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=A8iMAXQwFezL5fNpN%252FQ2b9obgao%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Psylocke books are pretty hot right now. I dont think that Uncanny X-force cover is "ugly". But that's just my opinion. Also, I'm a big psylocke fan and I am kinda bias. lol

Psylocke books are pretty hot right now. I dont think that Uncanny X-force cover is "ugly". But that's just my opinion. Also, I'm a big psylocke fan and I am kinda bias. lol

Is not ugly ugly......just not one of her better copies.

I do own a potential 9.8 time to get it slabbed and possibly signed, and yes, her books are on fire.

True, but you know these buyers already have a #300 9.8, lol .

Haha, you are quite correct , sir.

I'd wager that anyone who is shelling out $the absurd amounts being paid for this 648 variant already has a 9.8 copy of #300......if not both a slabbed 9.8 newsstand and a slabbed 9.8 direct market edition.

I can understand being a completist die hard full run collector but paying over 2K for a non-key modern book is really out there :insane:

Is one of the venom variants, same theme as ASM 678, Hulk 4, Ironman 512, X men 5, etc.

Gotcha.

Trickle down effect. :cloud9:

That is actually one of the nicer, less over the top other ones IMO.

-J.

True, but you know these buyers already have a #300 9.8, lol .

Haha, you are quite correct , sir.

I'd wager that anyone who is shelling out $the absurd amounts being paid for this 678 variant already has a 9.8 copy of #300......if not both a slabbed 9.8 newsstand and a slabbed 9.8 direct market edition.

I can understand being a completist die hard full run collector but paying over 2K for a non-key modern book is really out there :insane:

Most people would say paying $2k for "any" comic is nuts. Who can rationalize the mind and heart of the collector. lol

On another note, someone asked a few pages back what the "next" limited spidey variant to pop might be.

I nominate Superior #20, Black Cat. It's also a 1:50 not as rare as the 678 VenomJ, and plenty more copies available in a 9.8 on the census but they do not seem frequently offered in a 9.8 and three have recently reached the $400+ level. My 2 cents.

-J.