• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,378 posts in this topic

After many many years hunting for a copy of this book in any condition, I finally acquired a copy tonight. I believe this is the rarest book that I own. The elusive Headline 11:

C80FCF99-0031-48F6-B0AE-BE0CA9CD2BB7_zpsfni1mpiy.jpg

Is this from the hoard of 2 or newly found issue?

Newly found Rick. Popped up on Ebay out of nowhere from a non-comic book antique dealer in Kansas who acquired it from his brother. The hoard of 2 remains intact.
great pick up

After this one's arrival today this is officially my oldest book. My favorite part of the cover is the date printed on the top. It's interesting how DC stopped printing the date with Action 22 and switched from the parallelogram to the circle for the price with Action 24. I prefer the older parallelogram ten cents.

3B7EDC75-BB59-432B-972B-A85C8428B685_zpsvbaw2bjm.jpg

Wow that presents well. (thumbs u

great looking book!

I managed to pick these up via trade at megacon last weekend :)

image.jpg2_zps8ixvkrkc.jpg

Nice pick ups, Ivan! I've always loved that weird All New cover.

Thanks Walter I guess I'm coming out of my GA funk I was on.

Thank you Red& Ciorca for nice words.

Edited by Miamiknight3434

After many many years hunting for a copy of this book in any condition, I finally acquired a copy tonight. I believe this is the rarest book that I own. The elusive Headline 11:

i was a distant underbidder. congrats!!

I managed to pick these up via trade at megacon last weekend :)

image.jpg2_zps8ixvkrkc.jpg

Nice pick ups, Ivan! I've always loved that weird All New cover.

then you should like the cover which I have shown before

:o

agreed!! awesome!! and super cool pick ups Ivan!!! congrats dude!! :applause:

After this one's arrival today this is officially my oldest book. My favorite part of the cover is the date printed on the top. It's interesting how DC stopped printing the date with Action 22 and switched from the parallelogram to the circle for the price with Action 24. I prefer the older parallelogram ten cents.

3B7EDC75-BB59-432B-972B-A85C8428B685_zpsvbaw2bjm.jpg

Wow that presents well. (thumbs u

great looking book!

agreed!! awesome looking book I love your taste and you got a nice eye for these Red!!

:applause::applause::applause: Congrats Josh!!!!!! Super awesome pick-up!!!! Had my fingers crossed on both hands for ya dude!! (thumbs u

i was a distant underbidder. congrats!!

+1 before I could even bid it was well over the level I was comfortable with. Congrats on an awesome pickup!

A recent impulse buy - Swedish Batman comic from 1953. Not sure why I bought it, not sure I'll keep it, and don't know if I overpaid, but I thought it was pretty cool. It has BW interior with the cover story featuring Katt-Kvinnan, a Roy Raymond story and a King Farraday story, the last two most likely from Detective Comics.

laderlappen_zpsloaw8ld8.jpg