• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

if you want to nit pick something, concentrate on Karen (who looks like Olive O from the Robin Williams Popeye Movie). The costume works fine

Really? I thought Karen was great. Decent acting and just... :luhv:

I had a harder time embracing Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin with his gravely "I'm Christian Bale as Batman" voice.

Really? I thought Fisk had the best character arc in the show, and D'onofrio had the perfect mix of vulnerability(around Vanessa) and menace.

I just meant what he was doing with his voice! :D

Don't get me wrong, I still liked D'onorfio's Kingpin. I was just saying that I had no complaints with Woll's Karen. I just thought the gravely voice was a little too much at times. I didn't think it was necessary for him to portray the Kingpin.

This bloomberg article Netflix Soars is all kinds of interesting.

“They are investing in content that consumers clearly want to watch,” Greenfield said. “They will continue to ramp original production to build the brand and lessen exposure to having to buy from others. Compared to an AMC or Discovery, Netflix has way more high-profile content.”

The show-context for the 'costume' was for 'needed protection' and 'the devil of Hell's Kitchen' alias. So they had to visually sell it as being both.

And we have to be careful here. The simplicity of the classic DD costume might end up looking like an all-red Wonder Woman wetsuit. :eek: Uh, no thanks. :D

hqdefault.jpg

:cloud9:

Which Upcoming Marvel Movie Will DAREDEVIL And THE DEFENDERS Appear In?

According to Bleeding Cool, Daredevil and his fellow Defenders will make their big screen debuts in Avengers: Infinity War - Part Two. There's no details on whether that will be a cameo appearance or something more, but Marvel will clearly pull out all the stops for the movie. By 2019, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist will have more than likely had starred in at least a couple of seasons each, not to mention The Defenders.

Don't get me wrong, I still liked D'onorfio's Kingpin. I was just saying that I had no complaints with Woll's Karen. I just thought the gravely voice was a little too much at times. I didn't think it was necessary for him to portray the Kingpin.

his voice being somewhat odd, with his bordering on stuttering delivery, for me anyway, increases the depth of his psychotic-ness. There is definitely something unusual about the voice he does, but to me it's like the verbal equivalent of his twitching fingers while looking at the painting. It adds to that sense of unease and fear of not knowing what will happen next.

his voice being somewhat odd, with his bordering on stuttering delivery, for me anyway, increases the depth of his psychotic-ness. There is definitely something unusual about the voice he does, but to me it's like the verbal equivalent of his twitching fingers while looking at the painting. It adds to that sense of unease and fear of not knowing what will happen next.

For all the talk of this being Daredevil: Year 1...this also felt like Kingpin: Year 1.

It took him a while to get his footing and direction, but he's got it now. lol

I still have 2 episodes to go but I'm really loving this.

A couple years ago when I first heard Marvel got the rights to DD back I was super stoked because I thought they would make a great movie, then when I heard they were going to make a Netflix series instead I was pretty bummed. Now, I'm really starting to see how much vision Marvel/Disney has with these properties. They're simply hitting homerun after homerun.

Just finished Ep 6. I wanted to take it slowly, so as not to curmudgeon my other regularly watched shows, but it is getting more difficult now. I gather from perusing the boards that the costume will be coming. Interested in seeing it, but the way they set up Matt/Daredevil, the costume is the least of my interest. I just really like the show, characters and direction.

Always like DD - even more than PP. This show is turning out to be something special and I will probably run through the remaining eps between today and tomorrow.

We finished episode 10 last night, I still haven't watched Agents of Shield because we haven't had time and this is SO much better, so since my husband will only watch one comic book thing with me, I keep picking this one..

I binge watched this over the weekend and have a couple thoughts.

1. If this had been a weekly show i would have dropped it after the second or third episode.

2. I did not like the king pin nor the actors portrayal of him. Every line of dialogue about "the city" reminded me of arrow instead of focusing my attention on Fisk.

3. I loved the sloppiness of the fight scenes. The fights felt grounded and plausible (more so than the one pu ch instant ko) i like that the thugs got back up!

4. The actor that played daredevil took some warming up to when not in costume.

5. Loved Foggy.

6. By the end I enjoyed it and would like to see a second season, the beginning was rough though.

7. This is the kind of universe building the punisher could succeed in.

I haven't seen Arrow, but otherwise these were my sentiments as well. I'm only 5 episodes in, and will finish out the season, but I'm pretty picky about TV shows I watch, and only watch them on Netflix or via DVD/Blueray binge watching. There have been plenty of "good" shows I only got through the first 3 or 6 episodes of before losing interest - like House of Cards or Sherlock. I didn't think they were a waste of time, but there are too many other choices to dedicate myself to keeping up. D'Onofrio's Kingpin is a bit of a disappointment, he's not really menacing enough when he needs to be, and the whole courtship of Vanessa feels clumsy and poorly written.

This series gives me high hopes for the Luke Cage series - the dark violent mood fits well with the Azarello/Corben Cage mini from a few years back. I'm completely unfamiliar with Jessica Jones and don't care that much for Iron Fist, so the whole Defenders angle doesn't excite me, I prefer characters like DD and Cage to be loners ( with a supporting cast) rather than part of an ad hoc hero team.

Just finished the 13th ep and am totally bummed it is over. One of the best superhero things I've seen. Just the right balance of action, character development and plot. I honestly can't find anything but good to say of it. :devil:

Just finished the 13th ep and am totally bummed it is over. One of the best superhero things I've seen. Just the right balance of action, character development and plot. I honestly can't find anything but good to say of it. :devil:

Exactly my thoughts

if you want to nit pick something, concentrate on Karen (who looks like Olive O from the Robin Williams Popeye Movie). The costume works fine

Really? I thought Karen was great. Decent acting and just... :luhv:

I had a harder time embracing Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin with his gravely "I'm Christian Bale as Batman" voice.

I think I'm on episode 7 or 8. Not sure. watching them in pairs. Have to agree about Donofrio's Kingpin. Too much struggle when he speaks. The girl who plays Karen is giving me fits. In one shot she is very attractive. In others, she looks like a heroin addict. (shrug)

The guy at the end of the Stick episode. Is he the blind martial arts guy from Iron Fist? I can't think of his name.