• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

If I recall correctly, I ordered a few batches of Rulah books from different dealers within the same few weeks once I decided to make the plunge, so not a single "first book". Lots of planning, it was fun -- I wanted to have a decent-sized core to get some momentum to build on. This book was among them, purchased raw VF, came back slabbed at 9.4 :grin:

zoot13bf_zpsqehxjlup.jpeg

If I recall correctly, I ordered a few batches of Rulah books from different dealers within the same few weeks once I decided to make the plunge, so not a single "first book". Lots of planning, it was fun -- I wanted to have a decent-sized core to get some momentum to build on. This book was among them, purchased raw VF, came back slabbed at 9.4 :grin:

zoot13bf_zpsqehxjlup.jpeg

Wow that is a beautiful copy!

Here's one I picked up recently: Jo-Jo Congo King #9. The cover doesn't have much gloss, but it seems like maybe it never did, because of the notoriously low-quality paper used by Fox at the time.

154602.jpg.c8b516d4127f694fd3c1c3984e994384.jpg

This book was my gateway drug into the Fox den, still have it.

2rwoj7r.jpg

Fantastic #2 was my gateway drug. These early Fantastics are so over the top, filled with wild funny stories well worth a read... Fletcher Hanks on Stardust being the most obvious example. (You guys who just collect the Lou Fine covers, take note!) :gossip:

science3.jpg

All of these books are cool. But for me, this one in particular has a certain... je ne sais quoi. :D

Waiting for your post... :baiting:

I think i love Larson copies for the history behind them.Lamont got those from the racks as a child and put them away unlike what most children would do.I was hooked about twenty five years ago with this Lou Fine cover my first Fox book but not my last :)

102_5760_zps3akfe7rm.jpg

For you Fox aficionados, some super tough, super high grade ones coming up in the HA May auctions:

V Comics #1 CGC 8.0

V Comics #2 CGC 8.0

The Eagle #3

Should be quite interesting to see the final prices. Very scarce late '41/early '42 books, but do the high rollers that would chase a Weird #20 or a Wonderworld #7 find them too esoteric to go big on? Guess we'll find out.

For you Fox aficionados, some super tough, super high grade ones coming up in the HA May auctions:

V Comics #1 CGC 8.0

V Comics #2 CGC 8.0

The Eagle #3

Should be quite interesting to see the final prices. Very scarce late '41/early '42 books, but do the high rollers that would chase a Weird #20 or a Wonderworld #7 find them too esoteric to go big on? Guess we'll find out.

I think they are both phenomenal books!! !! If they were 1.5s I'd be all over these :grin:

V Comics #1 CGC 8.0

V Comics #2 CGC 8.0

The Eagle #3

I think they are both phenomenal books!! !! If they were 1.5s I'd be all over these :grin:

Me too. :taptaptap:

V Comics #1 CGC 8.0

V Comics #2 CGC 8.0

The Eagle #3

Me too. :taptaptap:

lol:applause: (thumbs u

V Comics #1 CGC 8.0

V Comics #2 CGC 8.0

The Eagle #3

I'll be :popcorn: the V-Comics but sadly I think self-control will prevail.