• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Can we please get a legitimately bright scene once in a Superman movie made after the 1980's? Even the bright sunny scenes had some blue filter slapped over them in MoS & Superman Returns to make them muted & flat.

with Zack Synder directing, no

And there was some symblism that goes by quite fast in the trailer.

3mMQWg5.png

Riddler's '?' and those soldiers kneeling to Superman with his 'S' on their shoulders.

There's been a few actors recently talking about wanting to play The Riddler. Maybe there is a reason that has come up a few times in backroom interviews.

Timing wise, it's unfortunate that this dropped so soon after Star Wars.

It's like getting a pet turtle, but two days ago the neighbor kid got two puppies.

All this trailer did was make me go back and watch the Star Wars trailer again. I'm still going to see the movie, but it certainly did nothing to get me excited about it.

It's like getting a pet turtle, but two days ago the neighbor kid got two puppies.

All this trailer did was make me go back and watch the Star Wars trailer again. I'm still going to see the movie, but it certainly did nothing to get me excited about it.

This.

I thought it looked pretty cool. The DKR Batman suit looked pretty sick.

I do get the criticism, though. Marvel's managed to make some lighter, funner movies, why not DC? Still, I look forward to seeing this.

This.

This also. Zack Snyder directing ... CGI fest ... I hope they don't blow it with a -script.

3mMQWg5.png

Riddler's '?' and those soldiers kneeling to Superman with his 'S' on their shoulders.

There's been a few actors recently talking about wanting to play The Riddler. Maybe there is a reason that has come up a few times in backroom interviews.

Those soldiers look like Nazi's. If Snyder ends up making the audience empathize with Luthor and make Superman out to be the enemy that would be crazy cool.

The Ben Affleck PBS censorship thing is offputting. But that's just part of enjoying movies now. Either ignore some actor's personal idiotic worldviews and go have a good time, or not and stay home. *sigh* Ignorance is bliss when it comes to some of these maroons.

3mMQWg5.png

Those soldiers look like Nazi's. If Snyder ends up making the audience empathize with Luthor and make Superman out to be the enemy that would be crazy cool.

Siegel and Shuster, who were both Jewish, created Superman to be the "Champion of the Oppressed."

"Nazism was rising up and a lot of innocent people were being killed, countries were being invaded, a lot of innocence slaughtered and I felt that the world desperately needed a crusader, if only a fictional one." -Jerry Siegel

If they are using symbolism that is even Nazi-like in reference to Superman, they are straying very far from the original heart of the character.

I really like what they are giving us plot wise.

The timing was awful, as the SW trailer was just epic, but I still am looking forward to this movie only second to SW.

I'm a fan of both Star Wars and DC and to be honest, I enjoyed the Dawn of Justice trailer a lot more.

Siegel and Shuster, who were both Jewish, created Superman to be the "Champion of the Oppressed."

"Nazism was rising up and a lot of innocent people were being killed, countries were being invaded, a lot of innocence slaughtered and I felt that the world desperately needed a crusader, if only a fictional one." -Jerry Siegel

If they are using symbolism that is even Nazi-like in reference to Superman, they are straying very far from the original heart of the character.

I doubt they are going there with Superman. If anything, it may even be this militant group that wants to follow in his footsteps like the Sons of the Batman in The Dark Knight Returns.