• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

This is not a speculation thread :sumo:

This is one of the few modern threads where true believers live (I count myself amongst them). I came to invincible later in the series but loved it so much I had to put a run together. I have a complete 2-current including most variants (had a #1 but it sold, but I can get another as I have had several).

This is my favorite current series and if you haven't read it you are truly missing out. I need to read some right now :idea:

This is not a speculation thread :sumo:

This is one of the few modern threads where true believers live (I count myself amongst them). I came to invincible later in the series but loved it so much I had to put a run together. I have a complete 2-current including most variants (had a #1 but it sold, but I can get another as I have had several).

This is my favorite current series and if you haven't read it you are truly missing out. I need to read some right now :idea:

+1 it is a special book !!!!!

I'm totally a collector. Haven't sold a comic in 10 years. Traded a few. I bought Invincible #1 maybe 3 months after it came out. About 5 years ago, I was at a show with on-site grading so I subbed it and it came back 9.8. Yeah obviously thrilled. I can't see me parting with it. Anyway this is one of the few boards I keep up with regularly. I don't see it as a speculator board at all

It's wishful thinking they would do something with Invincible. I would take a movie about Tech Jacket.....that could be done and probably would do well. But as I said....wishful thinking on my part. Unless Kirkman and Skybound read this and grant them for me. lol

At what issue did everyone jump in on the series?

For me, i first picked up Invincible when issue 39 was on the stands.

i jumped on right around 50 if i remember correctly.

Around when I got back into comics at Issue #110

I picked up the first trade at Wondercon in 2010 or 2011 and started with whatever was coming out at the time. Luckily my LCS and a dealer at a local con sold me a lot of the issues for less than cover.

Well, if TWD and Outcast are already being done without Universal, what's that leave? Skybound doesn't really have THAT many properties. I'd have to think Invincible is at the top of a short list. I'm shocked there isn't more discussion in here regarding this announcement and the possibilities it brings. You guys. Props to Mike, my man!