• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

And the coolest one of all. This is from my new friend Catrick's find of early GA parts. I have wanted this book since when I first saw it in Gerber's book. It is a pricey book and just figured I'd never get one. Since I only wanted it for the cover this was the perfect storm for me. Thanks Rick!

comnewadventure18_zps4dxwfwoh.jpg

Thanks Pat. I guess it is just way way of "giving back" for all the times I lurked here and saw everybody else's cool stuff. I also want to expose you guys to the other comic book related stuff that exists out there. I better slow down a little so I don't run out of cool stuff to show you...

Mailman made my day this morning. I got this membership card on the bay. No big deal really but when I saw it it looked familiar. The "A Good Comic" ribbon in the lower left corner was a clue. Then I remembered a odd ball book I had in my collection Johnny Law Sky Ranger. I pulled it out and the pieces fell into place. This book ran only 3 issues and my copy of #1 didn't have an ad for it so it must have been only offered in the last 2 issues. You all know I love premiums and especially comic book related ones. So I bid and got it. Probably the only one I'll ever see. The comic is pretty obscure. I wonder what the offer looks like or if there is a pin or button that came with it? Will have to keep my eye open for them.

skyrangerscard_zpsjwdkotzw.jpg

comskyranger1_zpsi9nh2ylk.jpg

Mailman made my day this morning. I got this membership card on the bay. No big deal really but when I saw it it looked familiar. The "A Good Comic" ribbon in the lower left corner was a clue. Then I remembered a odd ball book I had in my collection Johnny Law Sky Ranger. I pulled it out and the pieces fell into place. This book ran only 3 issues and my copy of #1 didn't have an ad for it so it must have been only offered in the last 2 issues. You all know I love premiums and especially comic book related ones. So I bid and got it. Probably the only one I'll ever see. The comic is pretty obscure. I wonder what the offer looks like or if there is a pin or button that came with it? Will have to keep my eye open for them.

skyrangerscard_zpsjwdkotzw.jpg

comskyranger1_zpsi9nh2ylk.jpg

Great membership card! Looks like you need a "Winged Star Shoulder Insignia" to complete the set!

154617.jpg.42b1447bb650bcbbd2075a35dac8aec7.jpg

154618.jpg.63d3dbdaef09d20dd7ae902d53e3369a.jpg

Robot Man, if you have a moment, can you please tell me if your vast data banks have info readily available on these items I got in a box of stuff many moons ago? The one ring has some kind of lens in the bullet... Thanks in advance!

154619.jpg.13d35bf3e59d87b78255b06a37a90061.jpg

154620.jpg.eec24f26a633e9ba9ceaf75c856fcc4d.jpg

154621.jpg.e9efa93e37fe92e06f54762c9ae64fde.jpg

154622.jpg.bbc3c6f4063db10a7b8ff9b1556e278f.jpg

Now that's what I am talking about. Thanks for the help. I figured there was some kind of badge. Looks rarer than I thought being offered in only one issue. You have top to bottom. Capt. Midnight decoder badge from 1949. Originally came with a brass key usually missing. Next is Capt. Midnight coin from around 1940. Pretty common. Next is 1949 Kix Cereal Long ranger Atomic Bomb ring from 1949 missing the red rear tail fin. Also pretty common. Last is a cool one. 1940's Superman Crusader Ring. Hope this helps. I am sitting in line to sell at a flea market and kind of hard to type on my phone.

Bob,

Ever go in for comic record tie-ins? I found this one at a senior sale a few years ago and had to have it since I remembered loving this show as a kid. Turns out it is one of the rarer of the Disneyland records and it has quite the cover. I've also picked up a few of the old 78 RPM animation record sets; great cover art on those.

Thanks for posting all the great "Junk!"

154636.jpg.ff8e62e37b6e0c22c9ac3e5d6c62dada.jpg

I really love the mail man today. Not only did he bring me the card but the only two issues of Capt. Aero with Schomburg covers. I love Schomburg and to get both issues in one shot is pretty cool. Both aren't easy to find.

comcaptaero_zpsxxekccdm.jpg

comcaptaero_zpsfc4405f7.jpg

Very sweet! I love the cover to issue 16. I got mine nearly two decades ago. It's one of the few books I kept when I sold my collection 15 years ago. It's a Gerber 8 if I remember it correctly.

Now that's what I am talking about. Thanks for the help. I figured there was some kind of badge. Looks rarer than I thought being offered in only one issue. You have top to bottom. Capt. Midnight decoder badge from 1949. Originally came with a brass key usually missing. Next is Capt. Midnight coin from around 1940. Pretty common. Next is 1949 Kix Cereal Long ranger Atomic Bomb ring from 1949 missing the red rear tail fin. Also pretty common. Last is a cool one. 1940's Superman Crusader Ring. Hope this helps. I am sitting in line to sell at a flea market and kind of hard to type on my phone.

Thanks, Robot Man!

Re: Johnny Law. Don't know if ad was in #2 or #4 - only have #3.

Bob,

Ever go in for comic record tie-ins? I found this one at a senior sale a few years ago and had to have it since I remembered loving this show as a kid. Turns out it is one of the rarer of the Disneyland records and it has quite the cover. I've also picked up a few of the old 78 RPM animation record sets; great cover art on those.

Thanks for posting all the great "Junk!"

I don't actively collect vinyl any more. I quit at about 3500. I do occasionally buy some but have pretty much quit. I had a number of comic related ones that had art by comic artists I like but mostly collected for the music.

Hi Robot Man - Would you know anything about this toy? My friend bought it at a garage sale but knows nothing about it. Any help on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

005_1.jpg

006_1.jpg

007_1.jpg

Hi John

I believe is was made in the late '50s or early '60's by possibly Masouda Toys in Japan. They did a lot of old style cars during this time. Not too popular these days because most collectors want more modern classic cars or muscle cars. Ford and Chevy are king. Japan made a lot of tin friction US classic and muscle cars during the same period. Still, a cool garage sale find!

I sold at the flea market yesterday. Always a long day but usually profitable. In the early morning after I set up my canopy, tables and display cases I usually take a walk to see what I can score. I hit the usual suspects first and came up with a few very cool non-comic items. I then bumped into a friend that collects Spiderman stuff. He informed me of a small stack of "10 centers" in another dealer's booth. So I high tailed off and discovered these for $2.00 each. Not GA, but that wouldn't stop any of us...

comiclot7_zps4lu7r361.jpg

Now, here is where I could jerk you around like they do in General but I won't. It wasn't any real big deal but a real fun find for $15. Some kid had some of his favorite books hand bound. Nothing real great or nice condition but a weird assortment. Disney, DC, Archie, Marvel Western and Fantasy, Romance, Teen Age and a cool Richfield Oil Disneyland giveaway. I love these when I find them and have found some real good ones in the past. So totally plain, if she didn't put the removable tape notation on the cover I never would have known. Here is just some of the 30 or so books in there. A fun, surprise find!

comicbook2_zpsddsvey1o.jpg

comicbook3_zpshxbqvlaz.jpg

comicbook4_zpswmhg9eda.jpg

comicbook5_zpsh4pzrnyt.jpg