• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

For some reason, the 6 isn't visible but the 7 looks great. Congratulations on a gamble that turned out very well.

Edit: Now the 6 is visible to me. Great pair of books!

Edited by Sqeggs

I have lower grade copies of 5 and 6, but I still need a 7.

I think the high bidders were hoping the grades were higher than the listed VG+, as, in fact, they appeared to be. There seems to be some discoloration, though, that might indicate tanning. So, at these prices they were definitely rolling the dice, imo.

You're correct about rolling the dice. I was one of the bidders who took that chance. I have a really nice Jetta #5 but my 6 & 7 were a bit ragged.

My ridiculously expensive #6 & #7 arrived from Italy today, thanks to express mail. The apparent tanning in the photos was thankfully a bit of an illusion.

Here's my complete set with the two new additions.

Jetta05a-2006_zpstshllez1.jpg

Jetta06a-2015_zpsvvbnjtao.jpg

Jetta07a-2015_zpslriyy583.jpg

Hard to believe that these copies of #6 & 7 have been in Italy since the early 1950's.

BELLISIMO!

since people have been showing some odd-ball stuff, here's the complete run of Judo Joe

not to common and a great way to learn how to defend yourself at recess!

Never seen or heard of those, or if I have, it was a looooong time ago. Those aren't in Gerber, are they?

I have lower grade copies of 5 and 6, but I still need a 7.

I think the high bidders were hoping the grades were higher than the listed VG+, as, in fact, they appeared to be. There seems to be some discoloration, though, that might indicate tanning. So, at these prices they were definitely rolling the dice, imo.

You're correct about rolling the dice. I was one of the bidders who took that chance. I have a really nice Jetta #5 but my 6 & 7 were a bit ragged.

My ridiculously expensive #6 & #7 arrived from Italy today, thanks to express mail. The apparent tanning in the photos was thankfully a bit of an illusion.

Here's my complete set with the two new additions.

Jetta05a-2006_zpstshllez1.jpg

Jetta06a-2015_zpsvvbnjtao.jpg

Jetta07a-2015_zpslriyy583.jpg

Hard to believe that these copies of #6 & 7 have been in Italy since the early 1950's.

The colors on that #7 really pop - nice one!

Work has been really stressful this month but at least some new books arrived to brighten the day!

[

t-Junior-15a_zpscpnsepng.jpg

Also my favorite issue of Junior, in a similar vein as Sunny #11. This issue is tough to find (I was lucky enough to get two copies!)

Also my favorite issue of Junior, in a similar vein as Sunny #11. This issue is tough to find (I was lucky enough to get two copies!)

I'm loving these messages about Junior and Sunny. I never noticed about the paddle grip.....verrrrry funny.

Speaking of which, I just bought a copy of Grant Geissman's complete "Junior and Sunny" reprints. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I am really looking forward to it.

I'm loving these messages about Junior and Sunny. I never noticed about the paddle grip.....verrrrry funny.

Speaking of which, I just bought a copy of Grant Geissman's complete "Junior and Sunny" reprints. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I am really looking forward to it.

You will love them! My favorite books of the genre and two very tight compact runs. I almost wish there had been more issues...

Looks like some boundaries were overstepped earlier. Sorry mods.

Boundaries overstepped? Does that have anything to do with somebody posting about women eating onion rings? (Did I hallucinate that?) Or the comments about the paddle on that Junior cover? (I'm surprised because those comments seemed pretty tame -- just mentioning a possible subliminal aspect of some cover artwork doesn't seem like much of a rule violation.)

Regarding Cindy #37, what is it about that particular issue that sends its value into the stratosphere?

Regarding Cindy #37, what is it about that particular issue that sends its value into the stratosphere?

Beats the heck outta me. Cover doesn't do much for me, but it sure is tickling someones fancy

It's a full foreground cheesecake cover - which seem to demand more ( Archie 50 being another example), and the airbrush? technique makes it stand out as well.

Recent prices seem a bit much, but standout GGA in the teen humor genre seems to bring the bids.

I added a bit of flavor to Doohick's comments on the onion rings which tipped it over.

Much has been said about Cindy 37, and depending on tomorrow's hammer, much might be said again. The new Archie 50. The painted airbrush cover, headlight plus, the befuddled guy on the sofa, just a classic teen/GGA setup. Bright yellow cover.

Ask Junkdrawer. He's a boardie who's been going for them strong, and isn't too shy about it either. The rest of us end up eating his dust on these auctions.

Edited by Dr. Love