• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Voice In The Dark - Minotaur Press (Top Cow company)

275 posts in this topic

I'll use this bump to give a major Kudos to Larime. I commissioned him a few months ago to include my three kids in the upcoming issue and he nailed it. I got a digital preview a couple of days before Christmas and it was a great present and an awesome treat for the kids to see their likeness in a comic. He even aged the youngest a little to make him a college student (much to his delight). For anyone thinking of doing this for yourself or friend/family, it's super-cool. Issue 2 also adds a new wrinkle in the story and pumps the intensity up a few notches (no, my kids didn't get 'Zoeyed').

On a more serious note, Larime's wife (and colorist) Sylv has been diagnosed with cancer and this sounds like a major reason for the delay. I'm sure he would take any donations (or commissions) to help with her treatment. You can PM him (or me) for his PayPal acct.

Edited by Hekla

So this comes out next week.

B6nQayxCYAAEAmQ.jpg

B6nTkXOCEAE_NS2.jpg

Just picked it up and can't wait to read it !! I had a pretty extensive oral surgery yesterday and took the day off from my college classes today but I STILL went out and picked this up !! As you already know , I'm a HUGE fan. I also just want to say that I heard about what you and the Mrs are dealing with right now. I've been down that road quite a few times, unfortunately, with some close family members. I will keep you both close in thoughts and prayers. Much love and respect ...

B6nQayxCYAAEAmQ.jpg

B6nTkXOCEAE_NS2.jpg

Just picked it up and can't wait to read it !! I had a pretty extensive oral surgery yesterday and took the day off from my college classes today but I STILL went out and picked this up !! As you already know , I'm a HUGE fan. I also just want to say that I heard about what you and the Mrs are dealing with right now. I've been down that road quite a few times, unfortunately, with some close family members. I will keep you both close in thoughts and prayers. Much love and respect ...

Thank you so much!

Just checked it out. Thanks for posting this !!! (thumbs u

There is a fund raiser for Larime over at http://comicsheatingup.net/2016/02/02/larime-and-sylv-taylor-fundraiser-auctions/ they are auctioning off blank covers sketched by Larime to help fund his wife's chemo. There is also a cover painting, a Terry Moore sketch, and some other books.

Hey Larime, I just saw your update on the GoFundMe page. I am sooooo happy to hear that Sylv is in remission. I think of you guys often and I truly am pleased to hear she's doing alright. So how are YOU holding up ? I hope everything worked out after your trip to the hospital. Keep me posted !! Much love and respect. <3 <3

B6nQayxCYAAEAmQ.jpg

B6nTkXOCEAE_NS2.jpg

Thank you so much!

Edited by BedlamBabe913