• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

Here are a few recent purchases. This one features 3 nice Severin stories.

DSC_0041%20871x1280_zpsbbimrcd6.jpg

I've been wondering about the few issues of Ringo Kid with Severin art..... how good are they ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here are a few recent purchases. This one features 3 nice Severin stories.

DSC_0041%20871x1280_zpsbbimrcd6.jpg

I've been wondering about the few issues of Ringo Kid with Severin art..... how good are they ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They are not really Severin at his best, but they are not to bad either. The book is a nice read for not to much investment.

A recent pick up. Atlas Tales credits this cover to Brodsky on pencils, and Burgos on inks. A great cover whoever did it, with bonus points for no sidebar clutter. This title is a hybrid horror/adventure book at this point, and none of the stories have a supernatural element, though EC style retribution abounds. The first story is a tale of literal animal vengeance set in Africa, and features excellent Tuska artwork. The title story is a gruesome POW camp tale, superbly illustrated by Russ Heath. The third is a tragic boxing tale by Maneely, reminiscent of some of Atlas' better war stories, in which there is no justice for the dead. Finally we have Romita illustrated story of greed and cruelty set in Edwardian England, with a dose of tragic irony at the end. All in all one of the better Atlas reads of the era.

mensadv24_zpslqsujq6m.jpg

A recent pick up. Atlas Tales credits this cover to Brodsky on pencils, and Burgos on inks. A great cover whoever did it, with bonus points for no sidebar clutter. This title is a hybrid horror/adventure book at this point, and none of the stories have a supernatural element, though EC style retribution abounds. The first story is a tale of literal animal vengeance set in Africa, and features excellent Tuska artwork. The title story is a gruesome POW camp tale, superbly illustrated by Russ Heath. The third is a tragic boxing tale by Maneely, reminiscent of some of Atlas' better war stories, in which there is no justice for the dead. Finally we have Romita illustrated story of greed and cruelty set in Edwardian England, with a dose of tragic irony at the end. All in all one of the better Atlas reads of the era.

Looks like one to add to my want list. Theirs no doubt that it's a horror book, what with the crazed maniac attacking with a hammer (?) & skulls and dead bodies in the background. Supernatural of course doesn't have to be included. Shock Suspenstories had horror stories with no supernatural occurrences as well.

:applause:

Got a copy myself just last month. What clinched it for me was that in person I finally noticed the tattoo / brand on the wrist on the hand on the cover that I'd never noticed while looking at scans. Links to the POW story, doesn't it? Can't recall. And what a line up for the art inside :cloud9: