• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

I hope Superboy counts...

Superboy057_zpscf2rxmrv.jpg

Superman108_zpsjmtnkisz.jpg

When I showed this one to my daughter, she said, "That Lois Lane is always getting married to someone else!"

Superman121_zps5jgijkbq.jpg

Action227_zpsfjmgxknk.jpg

MCS graded this only 3.0, but I think the colors are really nice.

Action237_zpsk6x1hgqw.jpg

Gorilla cover!

Action248_zpshv8zrotd.jpg

Nice group of books!

Just picked this up. You'd think that with all the love that Action 252 has gotten lately, that this book would be due for a bump...

a285.jpg

...always loved this cover.....and for trivia nuts out there, a comic that Todd McFarlane holds in high regard. Here's a recent acquisition of mine..... it'll be one of those books that's technically "inventory" but will be unlikely to sell quickly at it's ask price. I always thought Parasite was one of Kal-El's cooler adversaries ..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1106%202.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Just picked this up. You'd think that with all the love that Action 252 has gotten lately, that this book would be due for a bump...

a285.jpg

This issue has always had a classic/key aura yet it has remained a slow burner and is not hard to find a nice copy - though not as nice as this example. Maybe one day Action #285 will attain the greater stature that it deserves?

Great book!

a285.jpg

This issue has always had a classic/key aura yet it has remained a slow burner and is not hard to find a nice copy - though not as nice as this example. Maybe one day Action #285 will attain the greater stature that it deserves?

Great book!

One of the better covers of the era if you ask me. I like the historical significance of not only Supergirl's existence being revealed but also for the J.F.K. cameo. Congratulations!

In the comic book world a rising tide doesn't bring up all ships. Action 252 hasn't done much for any other Supergirl book.

I think other than Superman collectors, it's really not a key of any kind. Supergirl's coming out party doesn't really have key status. However, it is a super (pun intended) cool book with a great cover.

In the comic book world a rising tide doesn't bring up all ships. Action 252 hasn't done much for any other Supergirl book.

I think other than Superman collectors, it's really not a key of any kind. Supergirl's coming out party doesn't really have key status. However, it is a super (pun intended) cool book with a great cover.

...It still should be at least twice what it is...... at current prices it's one of the best bargains of the SA, with the milestone event and the excellent cover that actually supports the event...... I wish I still had mine. The Supergirl show may attract collectors from outside the current collector ranks...... GOD BLESS...

Here's a pre-Silver book. Can't recall where I bought it or when probably in the 1970s at the old El Cortez Hotel former home of the SDCC. Not a great cover but it's in great condition and the stories are fun. Only read it once about 40 years ago but I recall enjoying them.

004.jpg

Here's a pre-Silver book. Can't recall where I bought it or when probably in the 1970s at the old El Cortez Hotel former home of the SDCC. Not a great cover but it's in great condition and the stories are fun. Only read it once about 40 years ago but I recall enjoying them.

004.jpg

I actually have always liked this cover.....nice copy. GOD BLESS...

When I first decided to focus my rambling collection hoard, the Superman Flash races were the first set I tried to complete.

SupesFlashRace_zpsagthcxjd.jpg

My sister at the time worked for a framing company and did a killer job setting these up for display!

I love the stories that these covers tell in a linear fashion with the starting line with Superman #199, all the way to the finish line with World's Finest #199.