• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

My CGC 8.0 sold for $450 on the bay. :busy:

I couldn't even get that for my 8.5 at megacon doh!

Something about ebay evidently compels people to overpay for movie hype books that are readily available for cheaper at other venues for some reason. Go figure. (shrug)

-J.

You mean it's not shilling?

:whistle:lol

-J.

The 8.0 had White pages, Ricks only had OW/W :baiting:

:roflmao: I guess I had that coming.

-J.

Something about ebay evidently compels people to overpay for movie hype books that are readily available for cheaper at other venues for some reason. Go figure. (shrug)

What other venues?

Conventions? They're always attended by less than 1% of the market.

Retailer websites? It would take a long time to check every retailer website.

For a consumer population that is used to buying new stuff from Amazon and old stuff from Ebay, it doesn't get much easier than "search-buy-receive" from a single website.

I think Paypal Credit leads some to overpay online vs. cash in person, just a hunch....

That's a great point, and being honest it sounds like me. Many times I've taken the plunge on a big book online that I wouldn't have done by handing over a wad of bills (likely my whole convention budget for the day) to a dealer. Paypal Credit makes it easier to 'gamble' with sums normally out of your comfort zone... which for me is a net positive, though there are clearly dangers as well.

Just curious...I don't know if anyone saw the cgc 9.8 SS signed by Timm, Burnett and a few others... Looks like he wants $2200 for it which would be a record. I feel like the SS version especially with these signatures makes it tough to turn down. Can anyone give me the pros/cons of this and either talk me off the edge or talk me into buying.

Hi guys

I sold a mid-grade NEWSTAND copy on Sunday for £185.00 / $290.00

Harley

Listed at 0.99

10 days

61 watchers

30 bids

Not sure whether the a good or bad price but 61 watchers was way beyond anything else I've sold, even a NM 98