• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

How many copies you own is irrelevant honestly. Obtaining MJI books matters where they came from, not how many you have. Ive owned over a thousand copies of a single book, and none had the MJ insert, that I know for a fact existed.

Yup i agree with you 100%. However, this is one book I have "hoarded" for many years. Some of these copies came from collections from folks that used to serve in the army. I remember one particular Bronze / Copper collection I bought from a service member had the MJ inserts in almost all of the books and a star stamp on the front covers. I recalled there were some Darkhawks in that collection including issue #1 but none of them had any MJ inserts. Which is why I said I am totally convinced that no MJ inserts exist for the Darkhawk books.

How many copies you own is irrelevant honestly. Obtaining MJI books matters where they came from, not how many you have. Ive owned over a thousand copies of a single book, and none had the MJ insert, that I know for a fact existed.

Yup i agree with you 100%. However, this is one book I have "hoarded" for many years. Some of these copies came from collections from folks that used to serve in the army. I remember one particular Bronze / Copper collection I bought from a service member had the MJ inserts in almost all of the books and a star stamp on the front covers. I recalled there were some Darkhawks in that collection including issue #1 but none of them had any MJ inserts. Which is why I said I am totally convinced that no MJ inserts exist for the Darkhawk books.

(thumbs u

I gotacha, I just didn't want people to be confused. Its totally possible to hoard a particular book and never see a MJ copy is all I was trying to say, one would assume you would have run into one by now, as you have said, if they existed however.

I live 5 minutes from one of the largest Military bases on the planet ( Ft Hood, Tx ) From my childhood on up, I was more perplexed when I DIDNT see a MJ insert, than when I did. It's something ive learned quite a lot about in my time as ive always been interested in them. If you ever get interested in them, try finding the last few issues that had them ( cover dated July 1991 ) They are quite hard to find. We assume that is the last month, as no one has produced a MJI past that month, but its still possible a few are out there dated August 1991.

some good knowledge up in here. thanks for the info.

Darkhawk%20001_zpsltdalwer.jpg

Finally got around to sending some of my Darkhawk stash in to get graded. Really happy with this one. I tried researching the JC Penny/Sears/Stridex/MVP to find out what kind of print run these had. All the old links I found were not working anymore. It seems like most of these second prints are easy to find, but for whatever reason this one is the hardest to find. I have another one being SS, but it's 9.4-9.6 tops

Finally got around to sending some of my Darkhawk stash in to get graded. Really happy with this one. I tried researching the JC Penny/Sears/Stridex/MVP to find out what kind of print run these had. All the old links I found were not working anymore. It seems like most of these second prints are easy to find, but for whatever reason this one is the hardest to find. I have another one being SS, but it's 9.4-9.6 tops

j-d in my pants

I bet you will be receiving some PM's... lol

:o:applause:

HELL YES! Nicely done! :headbang:

j-d in my pants

lol I thought about writing that but decided a nice kudos would be better received. Well played.

So Darkhawk #1 Census shows 179 graded copies. Very cool. I like that.

Darkhawk #2 shows 23 graded copies. l'm a little less excited but it's still obtainable.

Darkhawk #3 shows just 4?!

And Darkhawk #4 has only 6?!

What the hell people? I thought we had some fans here but I'm a little skeptical because I can't get anywhere near a completed #1-10 CGC collection with the dismal graded numbers. lol:insane:

So Darkhawk #1 Census shows 179 graded copies. Very cool. I like that.

Darkhawk #2 shows 23 graded copies. l'm a little less excited but it's still obtainable.

Darkhawk #3 shows just 4?!

And Darkhawk #4 has only 6?!

What the hell people? I thought we had some fans here but I'm a little skeptical because I can't get anywhere near a completed #1-10 CGC collection with the dismal graded numbers. lol:insane:

I don't think you'll have a problem getting a one or two.

I'm still trying to fill my run of 1-10, and I'm the closest by far (but not near as close as you'd think). I've got a 5 out for grading (no prescreen, hopefully it passes), an 8 out for prescreen, a 3 that needs to be pressed, and a 4 (Newsstand) and another 8 ready for CGC SS. Also have another 10 that I might submit for CGC SS (have to check closely on the grade when I have time).

Had a nine fail pre-screen too. That's probably going to be the toughest one for me (for the first 10).

Edited by Revat

I'll be sending in my first large batch of pre-screens to cgc soon. I got the entire run in hopefully 9.8 condition. I should have a few extra early doubles for you guys. Hardest thing is going to be hiding all those new slabs from the wifey.

I'll be sending in my first large batch of pre-screens to cgc soon. I got the entire run in hopefully 9.8 condition. I should have a few extra early doubles for you guys. Hardest thing is going to be hiding all those new slabs from the wifey.

Good

I'm looking for some registry competition, and maybe we can trade extras at some point

Also I have an unmarked box in the garage

Hold on. 10 issue run or 50 issue run in 9.8?

Hold on. 10 issue run or 50 issue run in 9.8?
The whole run, well minus #50 since I sent that one in a while back. That one returned as a 9.8 and the rest look just as good as that one. :wishluck:
:wishluck: