• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Just bought NM first printings of 1,3,4 on ebay for $75 shipped. I'm stoked!

Sadly I got the books today. They were in great condition. My heart dropped when I saw "second printing" on the inside of issue 1 and 3. Sigh.

On that note I'm looking to buy The Crow #1 first printing from the original series if anyone has one for sale in nice condition. :(

:sorry:

Same thing happened to me on my #1. If only there were a quick, easy way for a seller to identify later printings....

Good luck!

That's why I only deal with my man Bosco for my Crow needs. :headbang:

Add me to the Bosco-Crow club. :thumbsup:

:blush:

:foryou:

Well, I'll say this. Bosco might be a die-hard Crow collector, but he is also one of the most generous members on here to help your collection in any way. He always found the time to answer Jen's or my questions through pms and always encouraged her focus. She was always so proud to win two awards for #1 Crow Registry Sets before people got going with theirs. Nick had a lot of the credit with that too. :foryou:

Here's to the #1 Crow collectors of tomorrow just starting today. :wishluck:

...It's nice to know they'll be Bosco there rooting for you wherever you place on that list. :)

Just bought NM first printings of 1,3,4 on ebay for $75 shipped. I'm stoked!

Sadly I got the books today. They were in great condition. My heart dropped when I saw "second printing" on the inside of issue 1 and 3. Sigh.

On that note I'm looking to buy The Crow #1 first printing from the original series if anyone has one for sale in nice condition. :(

:sorry:

Same thing happened to me on my #1. If only there were a quick, easy way for a seller to identify later printings....

Good luck!

That's why I only deal with my man Bosco for my Crow needs. :headbang:

Add me to the Bosco-Crow club. :thumbsup:

:blush:

:foryou:

Well, I'll say this. Bosco might be a die-hard Crow collector, but he is also one of the most generous members on here to help your collection in any way. He always found the time to answer Jen's or my questions through pms and always encouraged her focus. She was always so proud to win two awards for #1 Crow Registry Sets before people got going with theirs. Nick had a lot of the credit with that too. :foryou:

Here's to the #1 Crow collectors of tomorrow just starting today. :wishluck:

...It's nice to know they'll be Bosco there rooting for you wherever you place on that list. :)

Amen brother. :applause:

I don't believe so... hm

I did, however, spend the last few days reading a bunch of the Crow books from that link someone posted a few pages back. Some clunkers but also some good stuff too. The comics that O'Barr had a direct hand in making seemed to be the more compelling reads.

I did, however, spend the last few days reading a bunch of the Crow books from that link someone posted a few pages back. Some clunkers but also some good stuff too. The comics that O'Barr had a direct hand in making seemed to be the more compelling reads.

I've read only a few of the later books, and agree they were nothing like the first story arc. Reading through that 1994 interview with O'Barr a few pages back, he stated his plan was to make The Crow a one-time experience. So probably the more the character was commercialized, the more it may take away from the original emotions O'Barr invested in the original story.

I've read only a few of the later books, and agree they were nothing like the first story arc. Reading through that 1994 interview with O'Barr a few pages back, he stated his plan was to make The Crow a one-time experience. So probably the more the character was commercialized, the more it may take away from the original emotions O'Barr invested in the original story.

It's definitely one of those stories that didn't need a sequel. I can read the original a hundred times and never get sick of it but the sequels and spinoffs are just hollow.

It's definitely one of those stories that didn't need a sequel. I can read the original a hundred times and never get sick of it but the sequels and spinoffs are just hollow.

I'm in with this group.

The original story-line is amazing.

The follow ups that I did read just didn't measure up.

But I can read the first books over and over.

There is a good opportunity for Crow collectors on Ebay right now, hopefully the seller is being truthful about issues 1-3 being 1st prints.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Crow-1-4-Caliber-Press-First-Printing-/181717087905?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4f2eb6a1

Sending my Crow Chapter one books off to CGC next week. The books have been sitting in my collection for fifteen years, wish me luck on high grades! Can anyone tell me why book #3 2nd print is a part of the Chapter one, while book #2 2nd print is not? Thanks.

There is a good opportunity for Crow collectors on Ebay right now, hopefully the seller is being truthful about issues 1-3 being 1st prints.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Crow-1-4-Caliber-Press-First-Printing-/181717087905?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4f2eb6a1

Sending my Crow Chapter one books off to CGC next week. The books have been sitting in my collection for fifteen years, wish me luck on high grades! Can anyone tell me why book #3 2nd print is a part of the Chapter one, while book #2 2nd print is not? Thanks.

Great luck with the submissions.

:wishluck:

If you mean the registry sets why Crow #2 second print is not included, I think at the time Gemma could only add books to a set if there are actually graded books from that selection.

Vf with spine stress? No thanks. :P

Speaking of spine stress,did you guys see the Crow #1 in 9.2 in the sales threads? Not to carp on it too much,but damn how did it get a 9.2 with that much spine stress. :screwy:

S'all good. Though I do believe that CGC goes a little soft on this book. I've had the same experience with CGC's competitor as well.

Those books scan really poorly too - the defects always look worse in the scan than they do on the book.