• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

Finally stumbled upon a Galactus piece I really like (because I could not find the FF #49 OA cover :insane: ) - well, normally I do not buy interior pages, but this one is special to me:

photo _574_zps69h084wg.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture, I have not received the package yet, should arrive next week!

More info here: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1213758

Here is the published page - and the only full Galactus page in the book:

photo WhatIfV2-015-052_zpshqlfzqwk.jpg

I picked these up today at the Vancouver Fan Expo. I wasnt really into this year for some reason, so I didnt go after every artist for a commission like I usually do. But I did get this She-Ra from Tom Cook, and this Jem from Kevin Briones. I never heard of him before, but he was a very nice guy, so I told him that I will be contacting him for a commission.

She-Ra_zpsgn5pegfl.jpg

Jem_zpslzlwvxlk.jpg

IMG_0120_zpsbkbr5vyv.jpg

Picked up this Carlos Ezquerra Judge Dredd page!

WTTB. (edit: although just noticed the age of your account vs the title)

Very cool page.

Edited by Garf

Was holidaying in Paris and to my surprise found a 1956 sketch by Herge of Tintin and Snowy (yes, it's genuine...has provenance) in a local comic store.

Not many of us will be able to afford TIntin pages (layouts or finished art). I'm happy with this. :)

8jT9bHoT_2803150748551.JPG

Picked this up during ECCC from Steve McNiven. He was so busy with commission so I decided to just buy this draft from Death of Wolverine and I had Charles Soule signed it as well.

55b1c7505c8ddf7c3fca.jpg

If you don’t know Mike Maihack’s work and if you prefer your heroes happy, you’ll enjoy what he does. The two most well known works:

• Cleopatra in Space moves a young Cleo from ancient Egypt to the future where she dominates. :)
  • SG/BG is a really cute web comic.

Mike was at Megacon this year and I picked up a con sketch watercolor of SG/BG. Check it out (click to embiggin):

6jbrNeBY_2004151108211.jpg

The description will take you to the full set of SG/BG strips and a few are loaded into the Additional Images section.

I've been too busy to look for art lately but these fell into my lap. At $20 a page it was hard to walk away. I'm sure they aren't worth much but I felt obligated to pick them up. First time I've ever seen OA in a junk shop.

image.jpg1_zpsompclgjs.jpg

Superman Family #182 Jose Delbo / Bob Layton signed by Layton

image.jpg2_zpswc5pj6tc.jpg

Hercules unbound #9 Walt Simonson / Bob Layton signed by Layton

image.jpg1_zps6wfzzqzj.jpg

Edited by buyatari