• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History making Hitler checklist
7 7

314 posts in this topic

Still wondering why this random German U-boat commander is supposed to be Hitler. (shrug)

I'm inclined to agree with you, Sqeggs. The character in Blue Beetle's had looks like he could be any Nazi officer. I checked the stories in the book to see whether Hitler appeared in any of those, but he does not.

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=20848

Cool book, but not a Hitler cover.

Mine was a Hitler cover, but you did not care as it’s an italian comic. It’s historically relevant (and the story originally from 1945!), you americans are so self-centered! :sumo:

;)

It's a cool book, as are all of the WW II-era books you've posted. I love the art.

It's a cool book, as are all of the WW II-era books you've posted. I love the art.

Actually the collected edition (the one I posted) is from 1948 or 1949, but only the cover is new, as the story originally ran in 1945 in "Intervallo", which was a journal for the catholic university students published by A.V.E., the same publisher of "Il Vittorioso".

West, how about Triumph 7? I know it's Canada-only but given the prime early 1942 date and excellent cover image I thought it would be of interest . It's certainly got to be the first super heroine Hitler cover to see print in any country.

2353613-triumph7.jpg

West, how about Triumph 7? I know it's Canada-only but given the prime early 1942 date and excellent cover image I thought it would be of interest . It's certainly got to be the first super heroine Hitler cover to see print in any country.

2353613-triumph7.jpg

Fantastic book.

Thanks. I grabbed the image off google but Im pretty sure that's my copy. I thought it was fantastic too judging by what I had to shell out for it :tonofbricks:

Bronty you know that Nelvana is awesome – if we are striving for comics, and comics with Hitler, it surely makes sense to have a worldwide angle.

Of course we can keep USA comic books as a list, separate, as this was Timely’s aim when he started the thread, but it would be cool to have an additional list with all the non-US comics (they shouldn’t be many anyway, also because countries with a comics tradition which were under nazist occupation, like France, have obviously very little books and only after they were freed).

I get that and I'm interested in seeing all the worldwide stuff posted. Being half italian myself I love seeing all the stuff you're posting. I didn't know about any of them and I hope you have more to share.

But, I do think the Triumph 7 is a little more notable from the american POV that West is probably looking at it from.

Its early war, its english language, its closer geographically, it was distributed in an area where american books where distributed before and after the war, its "10 cents" just like the american books, etc. Its simply a closer cousin to the american books.

Its not the same family, and it doesn't belong on a list of american hitler covers if that's what this is meant to be - but if not the same family it is certainly a very close relation.

I'd actually love to see three lists:

a) american

b) other english language - canada, australia, UK, etc

c) other languages

As you say, b) and c) would be very short lists I think.

Here's the American version. Published in 1941 by David McKay of Philadelphia. Same publisher and format of the Feature Books. Unlisted anywhere. Last time I posted it, someone asked about interiors. Here are some sample pages. Pardon the pics instead of scans, but didn't want to bend the card stock covers...

154358.jpg.fa7944dbf6ff277617264f124503732e.jpg

154359.jpg.614f0e8a8bc621b58410975485885f04.jpg

154360.jpg.842e5a95af7de7d770a59b4fa8b0daf7.jpg

154361.jpg.4612b33352c369cd4856aa86a8bb044e.jpg

154362.jpg.83a1349bc4b8f731517882deafabc39b.jpg