• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

*I added some info to the first post.

JB, to answer your question, I don't think we'll see any comic book characters on this show at all. I think it'll be its own beast; the most I could see happening is them at some point, in passing, maybe give a nod to CDC employee, Dr. Edwin Jenner. That'd be cool.

I'm excited for this show and it'll be great filler while we wait for October. :grin:

I think they will throw in Jenner before he heads to Atlanta.

It would be nice if they threw in one character, however minor into the new show.

How about that Mexican family of 4 that drove off in an episode (trapped on a bridge), or a survivor from the Govenors group that somehow survived.

There are certainly individuals who were in episodes - The gang Vatos for example.

Even a throwaway line - yeah, I was out East and met these guys who held out in a prison for months....

That sort of thing.

As it's at the start, I hope to see at least one huge Zombie vs Police/Army/National Guard full-on episode. Kinda like we all hoped for in WWZ but didn't get.

I assume it's going to screen world-wide?

FEAR immediately made me think of Negan.

Same!

I wouldn't be surprised to see them use the Negan character in the LA narrative. Just because there is already so much going on with the original crew.

Same!

I wouldn't be surprised to see them use the Negan character in the LA narrative. Just because there is already so much going on with the original crew.

He is the main focus of the "Something to Fear" storyline. (thumbs u

once again, sasha can mow down a field of zombies with her sniper rifle yet the u.s. army, national guard, fbi, state police, local police and the bulk of the 200 million or so gun owners in the u.s. were powerless against them....

i love the show, but how they got to this point requires a complete suspension of disbelief (indeed, the existence of these zombies is far more believable than our inability to keep them in check)

otoh, zombies of the "i am legend" or "28 days" variety are a bit different. they actually move fast, are strong, etc.

i question how a group like this survives....the wtd folks had some crack shots in rick and shane and some bad arses like dryl to help keep people like glenn and carol alive until they could develop their skills. then again, the governor was what, the town drunk before the zombiepocolypse?

once again, sasha can mow down a field of zombies with her sniper rifle yet the u.s. army, national guard, fbi, state police, local police and the bulk of the 200 million or so gun owners in the u.s. were powerless against them....

i love the show, but how they got to this point requires a complete suspension of disbelief (indeed, the existence of these zombies is far more believable than our inability to keep them in check)

otoh, zombies of the "i am legend" or "28 days" variety are a bit different. they actually move fast, are strong, etc.

i question how a group like this survives....the wtd folks had some crack shots in rick and shane and some bad arses like dryl to help keep people like glenn and carol alive until they could develop their skills. then again, the governor was what, the town drunk before the zombiepocolypse?

Isn't there a virus with it too? I would think that would have spread very quickly before anyone knew what happened. Nurses and people treating a patient with a fever and then suddenly the morgue is over run with zombies etc.

Edited by natevegas

I always figured the army etc simply tried to take on millions of zombies in cities like World War Z. Sasha dealt with maybe a dozen?

And I also think there are a multitude of gun wielding Americans running around. It's a fairly big country. Lots of places to hide.

I think I will watch the 1st few episodes but overall I think this show is a bad idea. Too much Walking Dead could backfire. I just don't understand this. They have a good formula now and it should be left alone. This is really turning into the comic world like Avengers and now West Coast Avengers. We'll have to wait and see and hope for the best.

I think I will watch the 1st few episodes but overall I think this show is a bad idea. Too much Walking Dead could backfire. I just don't understand this. They have a good formula now and it should be left alone.

I agree, this show sounds stupid. Kim Dickens is usually in quality stuff, so I will watch until it loses my interest.

I was thinking that too. What a great opportunity to show the back story of where some of the characters started out and then they show up in TWD the next season. I'm not sure if an origin show works for current characters, but introducing villains in fear before they are on the main show sounds pretty sweet.

I always figured the army etc simply tried to take on millions of zombies in cities like World War Z. Sasha dealt with maybe a dozen?

And I also think there are a multitude of gun wielding Americans running around. It's a fairly big country. Lots of places to hide.

It's fairly a big world too ;) That was the first thing I thought too reading his post, the world/country is so big and they're only focusing on a small group. Sasha took on about 12 at most if you're skilled enough it could be done. I don't think if she was in the area where Daryl and Aaron were in the last episode, that she'd last by herself. 2c

I think you have far too much faith in the system actually working when faced with a nation-wide catastrophe. The Boston Marathon bombers effectively shut down that city from functioning normally and a simple snowstorm did the same thing to Atlanta in 2014. And between the virus outbreak and the actual appearance of the zombies, law enforcement, first responders, and hospital staff would be the first groups of people to be victims.